“Wouldn't stay anywhere else!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lake George
The Balsam Motel & Cottages
Ranked #34 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Stamford, Connecticut
“Wouldn't stay anywhere else!”
Reviewed January 27, 2012

I have been staying at the Balsam since 2000 or 2001. The rooms are spacious, even with my toddler's pack n play in the room! I love mom and pop places, and try and frequent those types of establishments as often as possible. The owner George and Suzanne treat me like one of their own kids! Bugs don't freak me out, so no problems there. The Balsam is like a secluded little oasis hidden amongst you guessed it! Balsam trees! The pool is solar heated, and feels great on a hot day. It's a short walk to the village and from a small beach down the street (the motel is on the lake side, but doesn't stretch down that far).

Room Tip: Cabin 11 has lots of room!
4 Thank PurimLuver1

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Eastchester, New York
Reviewed January 14, 2012

It was my first time to Lake George, and I chose this place due to the great reviews on Tripadvisor. However, I think the people who wrote the bad reviews are exaggerating a bit, but I do understand where they are coming from. My room was a nice size cottage in the back. The room was cute and for the most part clean. However, I did see a couple of spider webs, which really freaked me out. It was toward the end of the season which might have been the reason. That being said I was extremely happy with the location and the owners of this Place. It’s nice to go somewhere and feel like people appreciate your business and are genuinely happy to have you there. It’s very rare to find places like this, which is why a few spider webs well not prevent me from going back. I might just let them know instead of complaining about it on Tripadvisor. I plan to go back to Lake George soon and hope to be able to stay here. Don’t listen to the bad reviews and give this place a chance, you’re going to love it.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tammy P
STATEN ISLAND, NY
Reviewed September 26, 2011

This is our first time staying with Suzanne and George and we are TOTALLY SPOILED.
The accommodations are lovely, clean and well appointed. The location is perfect, right in Lake George village, within walking distance to everything. Thank you, Suzanne and George, for a terrific weekend. Looking forward to visiting you again soon. Paul and Nancy.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank NANCYB39
Rotterdam,NEW YORK
Reviewed September 10, 2011

My husband, grandaughter and I spent yet another lovely weekend at the lake in one of the cabins. Which as usual was very clean and ready for us when we got there. You will find no people more dedicated, friendly, and proud of the place they own. W e will be heading back up in 2 weeks to spend anohther wonderful weekend up there but this time we will be bringing along my brother, his wife and my mom. We expect to have a wonderful time and know that we will because the place we are stayin g at are beautiful places and Suzanne and George make us feel like family and right a t home. Thanks to them for being such special freinds.........J,K,&B

LaGrangeville, New York
Reviewed August 26, 2011

This is our 4th family vacation to Lake George but the first time we stayed with George and Suzanne. They are very, very friendly and accommodating. We stayed 4 nites in one of the cabins. We appreciated being located in the Village, a few minutes walk from the sights, the beach, restaurants, shopping, mini-golf and the arcades. We walked to all these places each day and that made for a low-key, cozy, very enjoyable family experience. We enjoyed the rustic setting in the Village. We plan to lodge with George and Suzanne again on our next visit to Lake George.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the privacy of our own cabin.
2 Thank DutchessCounty
massachusetts
Reviewed August 18, 2011

The Balsams offered us the total Lake George experience. Its rustic setting and spacious and spotless cabins truly keep us coming back year after year. George and Suzanne make you feel like family. I can't imagine staying anywhere else and would recommend The Balsams to anyone looking for the ideal Adirondack vacation. The Balsams is our home away from home.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank twiggyMassachusetts
Manchester, Connecticut
Reviewed August 15, 2011

We have been coming to the Balsam for the past 5 years and we love it. George and Suzanne are wonderful hosts who can't do enough for you. Convenient to all sights in the Lake George area. Pricing is reasonable, rooms are comfortable, easy access to the beach. It is also very pet friendly.

Room Tip: Rooms have refrigerators and microwaves as well as morning coffee in the office.
1 Thank debbigurl