“Beatutiful Stay”

and 1 more site!
West Sand L
“Beatutiful Stay”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

My husband stayed at Dunham's Bay Resort. It had beautiful views. The room was a very reasonable size, we stayed in a room with a single king bed. The staff was very kind and helpful. The hotel offered a shuttle to drive you to the village and it was nice to return to the quieter side to stay. We would definitely recommend it and return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
dunhamsbay, General Manager at Dunham's Bay Resort, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear NennJ,
Thank you for your review and sharing your vacation time with us here at Dunham's Bay Resort. Thanks also for taking advantage of our free shuttle. Its a great perk for our guests who choose to take a break from driving and hunting for parking spots. Thanks again for the visit and hope you join us again real soon.

Lake George, NY 12845

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Ballston Spa, New York, United States
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I would recommend this resort highly to anyone. I was there last week for my brothers wedding which was held right at the resort. Upon our arrival we were greeted with warm smiles and hello's from the front desk staff. Check in was easy. Our first impression was the staff informed us they would be walking us to our room. Once we arrived they asked us to look around and see if we needed anything. (we stayed in a cabin) We all were pleasantly impressed.
A few hours later we walked out to start pictures for the wedding, the staff was working very hard putting finishing touches on everything. Lynn and the staff all acknowledged us by name making sure everything was ok.
The wedding itself was beautiful and ran without a flaw. I cannot believe how relaxed my brother and his wife were during the whole event. When I made a comment they replied they had nothing to worry about because Lynn and the staff had everything under control. As I looked around, never once did I see Lynn and the staff just standing around, they were either attending to the bride and groom or the guests.
The next morning we had brunch at the hotel and the service still continued in the same manner as the day before. The bunch was very good as well as the food from the wedding.
At check out they asked us again how everything was and we made sure to let them know we would be returning.
You do not find service, friendly helpful staff anymore. My husband and I will be making a return trip to the resort.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Cece,
How nice it is to hear of your stay with us. The wedding was fabulous. Lynn and the team here work very hard at making it all seem so easy. Thank you for sharing your brunch experience also. We are proud of our Brunch on The Bay. Thanks again for your kind words.

Troy, New York, United States
Reviewed July 22, 2013

If you are looking for a true adirondack experience, Dunham's Bay Resort has it all! The resort is always clean and provides a tranquil setting. We have experienced very accommodating staff, the perfect location with beautiful views and sunsets, and delicious dining. We have stayed at the resort for 20+ years and look forward to many more! Thank you Matthew and Lynn!
Dean and Kristen

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
dunhamsbay, General Manager at Dunham's Bay Resort, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thanks so much for the kind words. This season has been a busy one and we thank all our guests new and old for sharing their vacation with us here at Dunham's Bay Resort. Hope to see you soon and thanks again for sharing your thoughts.

East Hampton, Connecticut
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Just got back from a weekend at Lake George with 5 of my girlfriends. Fortunately, we didn't spend very much time in the cabin getting to know our spider roommates. Here are my issues with this place:
- Deadbolt on door did not work.
- One of the smoke detectors was hanging by the wires.
- The carpet absolutely stank. Reminded me of cat pee.
- The cabin is for a max of 6 people; why don't they have enough dishes for 6? Really?? Had to go out to my car in the morning to get a dirty McDonald's cup and wash it.
- They don't provide filters for the coffee maker. Asked the chambermaid for some and she looked at me like I was crazy. Used paper towels.
- The towel bar in one of the 2 bathrooms had fallen off (prior to our arrival) and no one bothered to put it back up. But it was nicely placed on the shelves. Perhaps we were supposed to put it up ourselves.
- The sleep sofa is a full size, so unless you are a couple or very good friends, don't expect to sleep comfortably. The mattress and frame sagged so badly that at one point in the night my friend and I were spooning!
- And lets not forget our friend the spider in the bathroom. And the mold on the bathtub tiles.
I wish I could say something nice, but I can't. I don't know where the people stayed that gave this place 4 or 5 stars, but I bet it wasn't in the cabins. Anthony Melchiorri from Hotel Impossible would have a field day in this place. Granted, we "only" paid $300/night, but even at that price, I expect to be able to feel safe from fungus, fire, falling towel bars, and spiders inside my room.

Room Tip: For the love of ...don't stay in the cabins. Go camping instead.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Zinfan-Dels1986
dunhamsbay, General Manager at Dunham's Bay Resort, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
We are so sorry to have dropped the ball on what should have been a memorable weekend away with friends. Please let me say that if you would have shared any of your concerns with anyone we would have taken steps to change the course of your visit. We do pride ourselves on cleanliness, guest supplies and addressing repairs as they come up. Most all of, any of these issues would have been corrected by a call to the front desk. We are proud to say we have one of the most responsive Management / Front Desk Teams in all of Lake George. We would have and will move mountains to make sure a guest stay is enjoyable. No matter what a room costs we know there is a value to that persons dollar and we want them to have the vacation experience they expect and deserve. Again we apologize sincerely for falling short of your expectations.

Regards,
Teaneck, New Jersey
Reviewed July 9, 2013

My girlfriends and I took our sons (13yrs old) for a short trip this past weekend. The resort is set in a quiet area of Lake George which is nice when you need to get away from the village. The property is well kept and the staff friendly. There was a wedding there this weekend and the pool hours were extended to cover the time that the boys could not go swimming - which was very thoughtful - the boys stayed in pass the time and the staff allowed them to stay in the pool until they were ready to leave. The 2 bedroom cottage that we had was perfect for the stay. We had access to the beach right across the street which was perfect if you just wanted to stay close to your resort and still swim without going into the village. My issues with the room was the bathroom door had a huge hole in it and had to be slammed in order to close it, the tub needed some work and the stove drain pans were very dirty. There was no internet connection and phone service on the side of the property that we stayed which was quite a nuisance because we could not call home and the boys could not get on their devices at night.

Room Tip: Ask if your room is on the lower part of the property - there is no internet or phone service on tha...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
dunhamsbay, General Manager at Dunham's Bay Resort, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Andy S,
We can't thank you enough for sharing your thoughts about your stay at Dunham's Bay Resort. We are glad that with the busy holiday weekend that we were able to deliver you a good vacation experience. As for our IT issues, We are happy to say that as of today all our internet issues are solved and the coverage throughout the property is good. We continue to work on phone service as this is an issues that effects the whole Dunham's Bay area not just our resort. We hope soon enough to correct this issue moving forward. Hope you get the chance to visit us again when you are in the Lake George area.

Regards,
Matthew Taormino, HGM GM
Dunham's Bay Reosrt
Schenectady, New York
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I just got married the beginning of June and it was perfect. I worried about things that I wanted a certain way and realized I didn't have to worry because Lynn and staff were amazing. Throughout the whole wedding planning process Lynn made it very easy and stress free. Any question I had she always got back to me in a timely manner. Everyone had a excellent time, it was a excellent view, and the food was outstanding. Chef AJ did wonderful accommodating anything and anyone he could. The resort was nice enough to keep the pool open later to make sure the kids were having fun. During the reception Lynn was playing with the small children on the floor with their cars. I didn't have to think about anything that day, it was perfect! The entertainment and food and employees of Dunhams Bay will be talked about by everyone. Highly recommended!!

Room Tip: The lodges are excellent! There is plenty of room for a whole family and there is a nice outside cam...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
dunhamsbay, General Manager at Dunham's Bay Resort, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Thank you for the nice words. Congrats again to you and yours. We can't thank you enough for choosing us for you special day. Lynn and her team are one of the best in the area. Making memories for Brides and Groom to take with them where ever life may lead them.

Eden, New York
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We recently stayed at Dunham's Bay Resort. I was impressed from the moment I made the phone call to reserve a room for 3 nights for a friend's wedding. The stellar customer service continued when we checked in and continued throughout our stay. We were traveling with 2 young children, which is not always easy, and the staff at Dunham's Bay was not only understanding, but accommodating. As others have remarked, if there is anything you need, just ask the staff as they will most likely accommodate.
Beyond the customer service, the resort was very nice, clean, and more than met our needs with their many amenities. Our king-sized bed room also had a pull out couch for our children, and the room was above average in size. The room included a small refrigerator which was very convenient. They also had complimentary coffee available every morning. The pool hours were extended during our stay as the pool area was unavailable during the wedding reception; I thought this was a very nice touch. The resort resides in a quiet, serene location and is only a few miles from the village of Lake George. I would definitely recommend this resort as an excellent place to stay, as well as a beautiful place for a wedding.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for the kind words and congrats again from all of us here at Dunham's Bay Resort. We can't thank you enough for choosing us to host your very special day. As always with close to 40 weddings a year we cherish each one and the joy it brings all who attend. Hope to see you again real soon.