“A relaxing, comfortable, enjoyable weekend!”

King Hendrick Motel & Cottages
King Hendrick Motel & Cottages
Ranked #66 of 88 Hotels in Lake George
Albany,NY
“A relaxing, comfortable, enjoyable weekend!”
Reviewed April 21, 2009

Despite what other guests & their opinions, my stay at King Hendricks Hotel was wonderful. My family & I had a great time & we look forward to going back this summer for another fun filled week at the King Hendricks Motel & cottages. I can't wait!!

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
VT
Reviewed March 20, 2008

This was absolutely the WORST vacation that I have ever had. Five minutes after being there I was attacked by a rabid cat that was living under our cabin. When I say attacked I mean blood all over the place. Then I went to the owner with blood dripping from my thigh and all she could say was "cat what cat, I didn't know there was a cat there." She didn't even offer me a complimentary room or anything. I am now in the process of suing her for her negligence.

• Liked — It all sucked!!!!!
  • Stayed August 2007
2 Thank ashjulio

Travelers are raving about these Lake George hotels

Massachusetts
Reviewed August 22, 2007

The King Hendrick Hotel is probably the worst establishment in Lake George. Upon checking in, we entered our room to a less than fragrant moldy smell. The floor boards that lead to the bathroom were so warped that the floor sank with every step. The air conditioner emitted a smell that rivals that of manure. There were endless amounts of bugs in and around the room (probably because of the less than well-manicured grass behind the hotel and the cabins). The hotel advertised a heated pool and when deciding to use it, it was as cold as a glacier. I asked the management why the hotel was not heated and was told that, "the sun was out and they did not heat it when the sun wa out". The beds were as lumpy as a bag of coal and the staff was less than cordial when discussing the issues with the hotel. I would never stay there again and for those travelling to Lake George, avoid this hotel like the plague (which I could have contracted while staying there).

• Liked — Leaveing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with friends
3 Thank heymikethere
PA
Reviewed June 12, 2007

Spent a week here and found the owner, Nicole, to be very friendly and courteous, as was the staff. A few minor problems when we arrived but quickly taken care of in a pleasant manner.
A good value for the money. Beds, sheets, clean and comfortable. Could use some work here and there but pleasant staff made our stay very pleasant. Booked in advance for next year. At the price per night we're willing to buy those extra amenities the higher price hotels, motels charge.

• Liked — Easy access to Lake George, and friendliness of staff.
  • Disliked — noise from upstair guests
  • Stayed June 2007
1 Thank retiredPa
upstate new york
Reviewed March 10, 2007

The staff is also the owner she is polite and offers only a place to rest. its not a five star resort and is what anyone should expect for 70 a night ..... or less mon. thru fri..

The location is good only minutes from lake george or great escape.

• Liked — the price
  • Disliked — not overyly clean ...bed and bath clean ...floor needed to be vacumed and paneling, molding needed dusting
  • Stayed June 2007
1 Thank traveling_biker
Springfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 18, 2006

This is quite simply, the grossest place I have ever stayed in. The owners state that the pool is heated, but when we asked them to heat the pool, they said they'd only do so after the sun came out. It had been hot for the past 2 days, but cloudy. We asked twice, but to no avail. The pictures and amenities are misleading. They also put a sign on their ice machine stating no filling coolers, after we'd filled ours. We had to ask for toilet paper, because no additional was left. Our sheets had burn holes, I got athletes foot from the carpet & tub, the room was moldy and dark, there were plentiful amounts of spiders and a snake in the grass, and the bed was like lying on a pack of jagged rocks. Now that I'm home, I'm nursing bug bites (where the bugs came from I don't know), athletes foot and an aching neck and back. Oh yeah and after taxes and such it's $87 a night for a room with 2 double beds. Trust me, stay in a nice place. You'll save money on calamine lotion, tinactin and Advil.

• Stayed June 2006
5 Thank AMPD
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 29, 2005

For $80 per night I thought I was getting a good deal staying at The King Hendricks Motel. Me and my Asmatic child walked into room #12 and was hit in the face by the mold smell that controled the room. I turned on the AC thinking it would help and as I looked up, the entire ceiling was covered in dime and quarter sized black mold spots. I sat on the bed in unbelife and the frame of the bed broke. I went to the owner who got mad that I had the nerve to complain, and I was told that most people don't mind the mold and what do I expect with woods behind the motel. I told her the bed was broke and she said well, we tried to fix it, I'll grab another frame out of the garage. The only nice area in the whole place was the pool. Then when I asked to change rooms because I already paid for the week, she told me she would charge me extra for a room with out mold! Run for the hills when it comes to this place, the health dept. should be called.

11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member