“suprised”

King Hendrick Motel & Cottages
King Hendrick Motel & Cottages
Ranked #66 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Reviewed June 16, 2014

this was my second time at the king hendrick, I stayed last year in one of the cabins, it needed a lot of work this year however totally different, new beds, hard wood floors and totally new bathrooms, with tile floors. They smell fresh and clean with blinds on windows. Wonderful time had. Thank you all.

Room Tip: make sure id you are a family to ask for cabin with adjoining doors
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank kerrigan R

Reviewed September 20, 2013

We spent one night at King Hendriks Motel.
It was way too expensive for what it was! A dirty unkempt place that turned out to not have any hot water - at all - in the morning when we just wanted to take a shower and get out of there.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Ingefaer
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I don't know when you stayed at this motel, but I was here last weekend. I had a minor problem with a rust stain on one of my towels, however, the staff quickly corrected it. The staff is amazing and a pleasure to be around. They treat you like you're family and make sure you are comfortable. The suite was immaculate. The beds were comfortable and they room itself was spotless. It is obvious that the staff care about their motel and want you to thoroughly enjoy yourself. I wouldn't recommend any other place! Just a great place to stay!

Room Tip: For a motel style vacation choose a double room not a double cabin. For more of the Adirondack feel...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

I have never stayed in a place where the people that ran the resort catered to my every need.Megan and James are truly deserving of Praise of their hard work and attention to detail.Awsome homemade Breakfast on weekends.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank sdempsey64
Reviewed August 19, 2013

This was our first stay at the King Hendricks Motel. The owners were very nice and provided a simple breakfast on Sunday morning. We had one of the suites and I do have to say it wasn't the cleanest. There were dirty sheets in the corner and the toilet wasn't clean and the bathroom mirror had stuff all over it. By the last night the toilet didn't flush and the sink drained real slow. The beds were the worst that sunk down on one side and if you moved it made a crinkling noise like you were sleeping on plastic or something. There's more about the inside but why bother. Onto outside there is a pool but was filled only about half way or maybe a bit more. There was a side yard with a small play area but wasn't to sturdy for my son and the 3 plastic chairs they had there were filthy. One had black mold another had dried white paint and the other was just dirty. I'm fine with a simple motel but at least would like it clean. Also there was no porch or place to sit out and enjoy the outside which I missed for the night time. :(

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank chris111604
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I have to say the owners are very friendly. There are homemade muffins, scones, etc. available for breakfast in the morning. These are the qualities that prevent me from rating this as poor.

We stayed in the double cabin as we were traveling with another family. Both cabins had a bad smell to them. The bathrooms are in dire need up an upgrade. While the toilet looked new, the walls were the green & gold paneling from the 70's. The bathtub was also the classic green from the 70's and the calk around the tub was all cracked, pulling away from the tub and the wall. The air conditioner, while in working order, looks to be one of the first made.

I do understand that these were "cabins" and not a hotel room; however, the money we spent there in one weekend would pay for a few renovations.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank asusie24
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I wound up spending Saturday Night at the King Hendricks, and must say I was quite surprised. The cabin while old was clean, the carpeting on the floors are new. It was quiet and peaceful. Upon checking in I was advised there would be a continental breakfast in the morning, I woke up figured I would grab coffee as not thrilled about donuts and to my surprise was continental breakfast. Fresh baked muffins, the scent of the baking was still in the air, a banana cake, but then came out scones.they were moist tender morsels with a citrus glaze. They encouraged guests to fill their travel mugs, coffee was hot and plentiful, there were a variety of teas. I know. I am raving about the food but it is because I am. Chef in the city and these baked good are made by a chef or someone who should be one. Thank you , I will make a reservation next time to guarantee a room

Room Tip: Great location between village of Lake George, shopping and Great Escape
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business