“Roach Coach”

King Hendrick Motel & Cottages
Ranked #71 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
“Roach Coach”
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

This "motel" is gross. The cabins are dirty, there is mold in the showers, and there are cockroaches. My sister and I were there ten minutes and we felt dirty just being in the room, the staff apparently don't know how to clean and are very rude!!!!

• Stayed July 2013
4 Thank Cheechri_01

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I stayed here for 1 night and it was awful. The grounds are unkempt, the rooms are ok to look at but they are actually very dirty and unclean The bedding and towels were very dirty. Some towels even had blood stains on them. There was a leak in the bathroom which made the bathroom smell. The provided us with a barbecue grill which was rusted and dirty and totally unusable. Lastly their air conditioning is central with no control in individual rooms. So one cannot adjust the temperature as per their convenience. So you have to adjust with the set temperature whether you are too hot or cold. The place has a run down neglected feel. Besides, its isolated and away from the lake and costs almost the same to stay in one of the places much closer to the lake. The only good thing was that there were fresh baked homemade scones and muffins for breakfast but other than that there was nothing not even toast. I really would never stay here again and honestly recommend others not to.

Room Tip: the cottages are better located than the suites. By this i mean thats the better amongst the worst
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank INglobetrotterUS

Travelers are raving about these Lake George hotels

New York City, New York
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for a night during the labot day weekend. The cabins are cute but the rooms needs serous overhauls, trhey were not maintained or cleaned properly. It is ok for the price. The best part about the motel was the staff, the owner was agood cook and served homemade breakfast of scones, sweet rolls, banana bread etc which was a delightful and unexpected.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Travellingpants
Bronx, New York
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I was there with my whole family 21 of us my kids my family love it Megan n her husband make u feel at home n her baking is delicious we had cabin n rooms n we was all very happy n comfortable I had kids from ages 1 year to 21 years old n they all love it pool was excellent safety was great will be back this weekend hopefully they have rooms magan thank you this is marisol from Bronx ny

Room Tip: If any problems go to magan or her husband they r willing to make ur stay a beautiful one
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Marisol B
Ridgewood, New York
Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

First of all, whoever wrote this review before me is clearly being dishonest and must have some type of ax to grind. I have been staying at this hotel since I was a kid and it has always been wonderful!! Since its under new management its even better. The rooms are just as cozy and clean as they've always been, the owner even walks the grounds himself and checks to make sure that everything is to your liking and that you have everything you need ( how's that for service?). The lovely couple that owns the motel are extremely sweet, friendly and eager to please their guests. Upon arrival we were greated by the new owners who made sure we had a room ready for our tired family. They were beyond accommodating to our kids and even baked them delicious muffins and scones :) The pool was always clean and ready for use. We are actually still here and were going to check out tomorrow but my family and I are loving it so much that we're going to stay another night. This is clearly the best value in lake George and anyone that wouldn't give this place a shot doesn't know what they're missing. Truly caring owners, that make sure they're guests are satisfied with their service at an unbeatable price, you can't go wrong!!!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank AlishaRobles
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I stayed at the motel this weekend and was genuinely surprised. First may I say the girl at the desk is funny and attentive, she put a cranky child at ease and I felt at home, then we had the breakfast. I am a very picky eater, I have been to the best patisseries in Europe and her baking would rival all of them. Never before have I had coffe cake that just melts away in your mouth. And the scones felt like I was eating at a proper tea. If I were to have one negative about the King Hendrick it would be the continental breakfast is weekend only. This was a wonderful surprise and we have made resevations to go back again.

Room Tip: Suites all have private balconies
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank 324MaryR324
Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We stayed at the King Hendrick this past weekend,first the rooms are older, but pet friendly and clean and tidy. The couple who owns the hotel is now working hard to upgrade. But the most amazing surprise was the continental breakfast, the woman I believe her name was Meaghan baked fresh items both mornings, there was amazing apple bread, blue berry biscuits and cinnamon raisin coffee cake, orange juice and coffee. The food was almost as lovely as her brogue. Please give this place a chance, I know we will again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple