“Last place I would ever stay”
Review of Tall Pines Motel

Tall Pines Motel
Ranked #60 of 88 Hotels in Lake George
Waterboro, Maine
“Last place I would ever stay”
Reviewed July 11, 2012

This hotel is extremely over priced! Not a place for children! I had lots of trash outside my room! Hair all through my bathroom when I asked the owner to clean my bathroom he simply picked up one piece of hair, missing the hair in the sink and all over the floor! Phone and lamp did not work! The website photos are very misleading! The place is very run down! I ended up leaving and going to stay at a hotel 100X better for a cheaper price! The owner was rude and would not refund my money!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank mRm94
, Owner at Tall Pines Motel, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
This review is coming from the woman related to the man from the review "Worst Place Ever'. She is disappointed with our property because she was asked to leave by a New York State Trooper. Sad situation. What she is saying is incorrect and disappointing to hear. We were sold out that evening. One room out of 26 rooms was asked to leave due to their behavior.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Boston
Reviewed June 29, 2012

We visited Lake George for a long weekend just recently. We decided to stay at Tall Pines by reading the reviews on Tripadvisor. We were not disappointed. Brad, Jess and Alan were extrememly hospitable and made our stay pleasurable. We were traveling on our Harleys and Alan went out of his way to show us radar of the weather on his ipad to ensure that we did not drive into bad weather. We asked about decaf coffee one morning and the next morning a pot of decaf and regular were waiting for us. It is the small gestures that go a long way. I have traveled quite a bit and can say that they went above and beyond with their service. The motel is in a convenient location, it is a very clean and well maintained property a few miles away from the noise and congestion of the village but close enough for convenience. We would definately stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Ohio
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Thank you again to Brad, Jess and Alan for another great stay! We have stayed at Tall Pines each of our last 4 visits to Lake George. We love the place! It's like visiting your family. The rooms are very clean, the staff is awesome... I just don't have enough nice things to say.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank partsgirl1413
Centereach, New York
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Writing a review is not something I do regularly but after our stay at Tall Pines Motel I felt I had to share our great experience. Brad and Jess made us feel like family, always inquiring about our adventures and making sure all was in order with our room. They were helpful in suggesting the best places to eat which always turned out to be great. Added bonus is Tall Pines is centrally located so there is much to do in either direction. Its location allows you peace and quite, yet you don't have to go far to enjoy all that Lake George has to offer. The room was clean and comfortable, the pool pristine and the hot tub a great place to relax after a long day.

Don and Donna

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Glastonbury, Connecticut
Reviewed May 22, 2012

I am not one to write a review, but I do have to take the time to write this. I just came back from a weekend with my fiancé in which we stayed at Tall Pines. I could not of asked for a better hotel! The rooms were very clean, as were the showers, with plenty of hot water. The owners were awesome and very accommodating. Anything we needed they were there to help, from making our reservations to suggesting things to do. They take pride in their property and it shows. When we left the hotel we both felt we made a friend with Brad and Jess. I will stay at Tall Pines every time we go to Lake George, and would highly recommend this to anyone going to Lake George!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Richard A
Davis, CA
Reviewed October 25, 2011

The motel keeper was friendly, but we didn't find the place as great as reviews suggest. It was a very average room. Plus the manager left the TVs on in the rooms on either side and it kept us awake much of the night.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BarbDavis_CA
Bowie, Maryland
Reviewed October 22, 2011

We found the Tall Pines Hotel on the internet while heading South on I-87. My wife had enough of traveling for the day and fired up the computer. The first couple of exits she called out, we had already passed them - oops. She read some of the reviews for the Tall Pines Hotel and said to take the next exit. As we pulled into the hotel’s driveway, we were immediately impressed. Very nicely landscaped and maintained grounds (this was after Labor Day and post Hurricane Irene).

This motel has everything you will need - a very clean room, hot shower/bath and comfortable beds. The location is great too, it is easy to find and close to restaurants and shopping. The owners are great! They are genuinely nice - no phony smiles here. I would go out of my way to stay here! When we were loading the car the next morning, I noticed that someone was already cleaning the parking lot and the pool area.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple