“Overrated”
Review of Tall Pines Motel

Tall Pines Motel
Ranked #54 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Reviewed October 25, 2011

The motel keeper was friendly, but we didn't find the place as great as reviews suggest. It was a very average room. Plus the manager left the TVs on in the rooms on either side and it kept us awake much of the night.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BarbDavis_CA

Reviewed October 22, 2011

We found the Tall Pines Hotel on the internet while heading South on I-87. My wife had enough of traveling for the day and fired up the computer. The first couple of exits she called out, we had already passed them - oops. She read some of the reviews for the Tall Pines Hotel and said to take the next exit. As we pulled into the hotel’s driveway, we were immediately impressed. Very nicely landscaped and maintained grounds (this was after Labor Day and post Hurricane Irene).

This motel has everything you will need - a very clean room, hot shower/bath and comfortable beds. The location is great too, it is easy to find and close to restaurants and shopping. The owners are great! They are genuinely nice - no phony smiles here. I would go out of my way to stay here! When we were loading the car the next morning, I noticed that someone was already cleaning the parking lot and the pool area.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2011

I have never reviewed a hotel before but I feel I HAVE to share my experience. To start, this motel has everything you will need..a very clean room, very hot showers and comfy beds. My children loved the pool...it was very clean & heated! The location is great too, it is right in the middle of everything! BUT the best part of the entire experience were the owners...they are genuinely nice people & that is not something you find everywhere. We were at Tall Pines Motel during Hurricane Irene. All of Lake George had no power, floods & downed trees but they made sure the generators were running all night for us to have lights & hot water because they cared that we had small children & a newborn baby with us! I can't even begin to express our gratitude. They are wonderful people & by the time we left they came over to say goodbye & hug us....those are moments that we will remember forever!
We will definitely be back & would absolutely recommend this motel to everyone!!

Reviewed August 22, 2011

We have been staying at Tall Pines for since 2005 I cannot say enough about the owners who are always on property and take so much pride in running this Motel. We have noticed that things continue to improve and it is always wonderful to talk to the owners who have great knowledge of the area and always make good suggestions for things to do and places to go. They really do treat everyone like they are special. I recommend this hotel to everyone there isnt any reason to go anywhere else. The location is perfect to everything you are literally right in the middle of it all The Lake, Shopping, The Great Escape and Restuarants. Stop by and Check it out. You will not be dissappointed and our family just got home and we are already talking about how we can't wait to go back.

Reviewed August 21, 2011

The rooms and grounds are clean, well kept, and ,the staff are ready too help you in any way they can. YOU WILL ENJOY YOUR STAY WITH THEM.

Reviewed August 20, 2011

What a great place!! My 11-year old daughter and I Just spent 5 nights at the Tall Pines and highly recommend this place to anyone
who wants to feel at 'home'. The grounds are beautiful and the rooms are kept in immaculate condition. The owners go out of their
way to make you feel comfortable here. They are more than happy to share information about where to go, what to do, and how to get
there. They take great pride in this place, and that's because it is more than just a business to them, it is their home too.
The morning coffee was delicious, the breakfast treats were fresh, the pool is clean, and the jacuzzis (both indoor and outdoor)
are perfect for just relaxing in. At the end of each day's adventures, my daughter and I returned to the Tall Pines and felt like
we were "home" again. I will definately be looking to return here on all my future visits to the Lake George area.

Reviewed August 4, 2011

I just returned back to Long Island, NY after a 3-night stay with my two daughters (ages 10 and 12). This is my first internet review, even though I have traveled around the world and stayed at many top-rated, corporate-owned hotel chains. The Tall Pines Motel deserves my highest rating for many reasons, including the owners, a young couple who are very friendly (like family to me and my daughters) and hardworking. Brad and Jessica know the area very well. Their recommendations for dining and recreation/entertainment have been accurate. The motel is very clean and the grounds are beautiful and well kept. My daughters love the swimming pool and indoor spa. This was out third stay in the last five years. We are definitely going back next summer (part of our plans include white-water rafting on the Hudson Gorge, which is a true adventure unknown to me until a few days ago). The Tall Pines Motel is a great experience for local Lake George activities and a gateway to the endless attractions of the Adirondack Mountains. My daughters already miss Brad and Jessica and can't wait to see them again.

Room Tip: I believe all of the rooms are great. One side has two levels. Obviosuly, if the upper rooms are ava...