“Almost perfect”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

My family and I went to East Cove on the 4th of July thinking that we would have a wait but to our surprise it was slow. We have been there many times over the years and have always thought that this place was really good. Like years before, the service was good. The blackened scallops were to die for and the shrimp scampi with rice was excellent. The only problem I had with the shrimp scampi was it was only 5 shrimp which I expect from an appetizer but not an entree, a few more would be nice for the price. We also had the meat which underwhelmed me and my family, while it was tender it was bland.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I eat there every few months and enjoy it every time. Maybe only about 20 tables but has a separate function room too.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

This is the place to go to off the beaten path in Lake George. Like I have said before, I travel a lot, 20+ weeks on the road. I called East Cove at 9pm, hoping they were still serving. A pleasant person answered and said they were still serving and if I came on over, they would feed me. And they did. Look, their food isn't going to win national awards OK? But the value and effort was there. The Clam Chowder was fantastic. It's hard to find a good cup of Clam Chowder anywhere. I could tell it was made from scratch and not something out of a can. The seafood pasta was great too. The Sherry sauce was sweet and just right. The shrimp and scallops were cooked tender and perfect, not over done, and not underdone as they often are at other places. And the carrot cake was a perfect ending for their restaurant week featured 3 course menu. The decor is inviting and nice. The staff was friendly and prompt. Many folks might give it a 3 or 4 star rating...well, they might be right. It's not a 5 star sport coat required kind of place, but they do everything a restaurant of their caliber should do well. It will be on my places to stop when I return. And the pricing was more than fair for both regular menu items and the featured special menu.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Everything was perfect. Service, atmosphere and most of all dinner. The veal scallopini marsala was beyond delicious. Portions are big. Do not waste your time or money in Lake George in a chain restaurant. This place is right on the money.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

the noise from the bar made it almost impossible to have a conversation at the tables. the salad bar was very weak some bowls on a table. we both had prime rib and they were over cooked and dry. the size of the prime rib was just a little larger than double 1/4 lb. burger. save your money and go some place else