“Very friendly.”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Have been visiting this place for years. Everyone is so friendly. Love the bar. Cute and cozy. Food is very good.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

East Cove Restaurant has been in the same hands for decades and the owner Pete is always on hand overseeing the operation. After decades in business, you know they have it down to a science. We are local and when we visit East Cove, the service, food and atmosphere are always good. I don't think anybody in our table over the years have ever complained about any plate served there. Eat here with confidence! Thanks
ray & claire hippele

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Another lovely Adirondack Log Cabin Restaurant, open all year. Neighborhood Bar, where locals mingle and chat with the visitors. Spent a month in Lake. George this year back in July, and frequented East Cove a half a dozen nights. Sauted Fresh Clams in a white wine,lemon, garlic broth, incredible. Reduced Prices at Cocktail Hour, offer some discounted appetizers, offering value. Watch the Clock, and your tab to avoid any problems. Grilled Swordfish, great one night , but not the next time I ordered it. Both times was a small portion cut, which was about 6 oz, did not warrant the price charged. Owner please address this. Poor Salad Bar, too small, needs improvement, and colder replenishments more often. Prime Rib, Steak, and some Italian attempts,( pass on them) and stick with the Prime Rib, Seafood, or Steak. Nice Burger here as well. Call ahead earlier for reservations and specials. Service some nights good, and some nights not so good. Mashed Sweet Potato were awesome. worth another trip in 2013, Owner/Host, nice gent as well.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

For the price I would expect a much better product. Go a few minutes down the road to George's for much better food at about the same price.

1  Thank Dicky79
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I first fell in love with this restaurant during the summer of 2009. The service and food was amazing then, which was my primary reason to drive a few extra minutes to this fantastic restaurant. On my most recent to East Cove, I ordered the New England clam chowder and the Maine Lobster. This restaurant offers their customers a great value for their money. I particularly loved that each entree was complemented by a salad, relish tray, warm bread and your choice of potato or rice. The food was good during my 2009 visit but it seemed it was even better on my most recent trip.

On a special note, our waitress was the bar manager (I forgot her name, so sorry). She was welcoming, knowledgeable and provided us with a great dining experience. She even made me her specialty drink, a white chocolate espresso martini, which was divine.

I'm truly looking forward to my next vacation to Lake George to revisit the East Cove.