“Another Great Trip”

Colonel Williams Lake George Motel and Resort
Ranked #66 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Reviewed July 18, 2013

My Mother, 3 year old daughter and I just enjoyed another lovely vacation at the Colonel Williams Resort in Lake George. We stayed in a Super Queen room and the room was very spacious and immaculately clean. The Owners keep their property so clean and take such good care of it which is rare in this day and age. The outdoor pool area is very private and has such lovely views of the mountains. My daughter loved the breakfast wagon and the kiddie playground also. The trolley stops right outside which is another added convenience. If you are looking for a family resort that is spotless and quiet, this is the place for you.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Miles R, Public Relations Manager at Colonel Williams Lake George Motel and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Hi Lisa,

Thank you so much for writing a wonderful review about your stay at Colonel Williams Resort! We are glad to hear that your daughter loved the playground and the breakfast cart!!

We hope to see you and your family again!

Reviewed July 6, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay here. Everyone was extremely helpful. From directions, to advice on what to do and see, they were great. Rooms were spotless. Location is very convenient to everything. We will stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013

Thanks for the great review! We are happy to hear our staff was helpful and friendly!

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Our family has been staying at the Colonel Williams Motel and Resort for the last 20 years. It is one of the most beautifully landscaped motel's in the area. The owner is always out there taking care of the property and it shows. The rooms are always being updated and they are meticulous. We have four children and go every summer. My only complaint would be the size of the bath towels, they tend to be a little small. Otherwise everything else is great.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I stayed at the Colonel Williams a little while back and had a wonderful stay. I was shocked to read negative things about this resort. Yes, the room was a little small but I knew that before I booked my stay. The whole resort from outside to inside is so well cared for, the grounds and pool area I thought was very, very nice. Rules, yes they have rules just like any other place you stay but they are fair. All they ask is "watch your kids" some people need to be told to watch there kids!!
I loved this place, I found it cheerful, clean, and comfy. I love being about to park right outside my room and not far away. When we stayed we took the shuttle into the village which was great, we could have a few drinks with dinner without the worry of driving.I will stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Yes the grounds are well maintained,but this place is terrible . The owners who are on sight are completly obsessed with rules.Many of which dont make any sense at all two parents must be with all kids under 17 at the pool. the rooms and the office have a tremdous musty odor and the rooms are incredibaly small.In addition the owner rides around on his golf cart with a poor attitude looking for fights with his guests.Don,t believe me, read other reviews. When i asked him what is a must see or do up hear he told me nothing is good up hear. I can not stress it enough Do Not STAY HERE.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank Mrmet82
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We just completed our third annual trip to Lake George in August 2012 with our two grandchildren and stayed at the Colonel Williams Resort each time. We highly recommend this resort motel for many reasons. The two-bedroom units are spacious and clean, the parking is convenient right at your door, the location is quiet being south of Lake George Village and close to The Magic Forest, and there are many activities at the resort, particularly the swimming pools and the beautiful children's play area. By the way, the room air conditioners are very quiet, which I appreciate since I am a light sleeper.

We have seen some negative reviews of this resort and feel these are not justified! This is a family owned facility and they ask only that you respect their property as you would your own. We have never had or seen any problems with their service or congeniality.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SMPConnecticut
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We' ve been visiting the Lake Georgw area for years and one of the main reasons is the Colonel Williams resort. It's close enough to the town to take advantage of all Lake George village has to offer, close to the shopping and restaurants of Queensbury, but yet quiet and peaceful. Relaxing by the pool or playing with the kids on the great playground is always fun. It's quiet the staff is friendly and you can always count on everything to be clean and orderly. We are already looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: June 2012