Colonel Williams Lake George Motel and Resort
Clarion Inn & Suites(Lake George)(Great Value!)
$117
ClarionHotels
Tea Island Resort(Lake George)
$120
Comfort Suites Lake George(Lake George)(Great Value!)
$160
Scotty's Lakeside Resort(Lake George)(Great Value!)
$116
Best Western of Lake George(Lake George)(Great Value!)
$115
Holiday Inn Resort Lake George(Lake George)(Great Value!)
$195
Hampton Inn & Suites Lake George(Lake George)(Great Value!)
$199
Hampton.com
$168
$162
Heritage of Lake George Motel(Lake George)(Great Value!)
$89
$86
Marine Village Resort(Lake George)(Great Value!)
$129
All reviewsthe outdoor pool areasingle bedwonderful ownersbeautiful propertynext yeargreat escapeshort drivepicnic tablessmall fridgebeds were comfortableplaygroundvillagetubsprivacysummer
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We' ve been visiting the Lake Georgw area for years and one of the main reasons is the Colonel Williams resort. It's close enough to the town to take advantage of all Lake George village has to offer, close to the shopping and restaurants of Queensbury, but yet quiet and peaceful. Relaxing by the pool or playing with the kids on the great playground is always fun. It's quiet the staff is friendly and you can always count on everything to be clean and orderly. We are already looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: June 2012
Tina M, Guest Relations Manager at Colonel Williams Lake George Motel and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2017

We appreciate the time you have taken to give your feedback on your recent experience, especially with regards to our staff and area. Your voice is very valuable to us and we hope you will return to experience the improvements that we are continuously making.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

Spent three days of our weeks vacation at Colonel Williams Resort. The grounds are beautifully
manicured. The outdoor pool,indoor pool and the rooms impeccable. Minutes from Lake George
Village...the outlets....and only 20 mins. from Saratoga Raceway. We will definitely go back again in August. We couldn't have asked for a better place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Robert C

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding our outlets and pool. We are always looking for ways to improve upon the guest experience and I hope you will return to see how we continue to grow and evolve.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

We made a 2 night reservation on July 10th, gave out our credit card info and out of the blue today someone who identified himself as an employee (Brian) called to say "it's racing season, we have 3 night minimums"! Not knowing who had called me I asked for an opportunity to call back and of course I got no answer. Several messages through their website since and I still haven't heard from them as to a confirmation number for my accepted and billed reservation or alternatively, a written explanation for them to renege. The Lake George Chamber of Commerce as well as the BBB will likely hear about this before it's over. This total lack of customer service is UNACCEPTABLE!

Larry L.

Room Tip: Choose anywhere else in Lake George!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Larry L
lgresort, Owner at Colonel Williams Lake George Motel and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

Dear Potential Customers,
I feel the need to respond to the negative reviews written about my parents’ place – Colonel Williams Resort. It disheartens me that out of the thousands of guests we have accommodated since opening in 1974, that the several online negative reviews would dissuade people/families from experiencing Colonel Williams Resort.
To start, I would like to address The Colonel’s (aka my father’s) rules and what some people would perceive as strictness. Yes, The Colonel runs a tight ship but that is for the safety for everyone on our property. It is also for the preservation of an establishment that has been run by my parents for over 40 years. My parents do care and pride themselves on the business they built from the ground up. This has actually been the main reason why guests come back year after year. Also, most guests find my father to be quite the character. Which he is, hence how he got his nickname in the first place.
Secondly, many guests do not truly realize that as owners, we must adhere to many New York State & Health Department Laws & Restrictions. And the Colonel takes that very seriously, some places may not, but he does. That is why there are signs everywhere because legally the laws have to be posted.
Lastly, we have the room & property rules/signs because we care about wear & tear and the cleanliness of our establishment.
That being said, Colonel Williams Resort is a small, safe and quiet family resort. It’s not in the village surrounded by hundreds of other people in adjacent motels, restaurants or sidewalk traffic. We are a mile and half south of the hustle and bustle of the village on 7 acres of property. If you have younger aged children and not teenagers (who would probably want to be in the village around the excitement) this is the place for you. If you want a causal, quiet, clean and up to date place, this is the place for you. If you want to stay at a resort that has been taken care of through the years by its owners because they care about their property then Colonel Williams Resort is the place for you.
I agree, our place isn’t for everyone and that’s ok…but if you feel that it is for you…please read the positive reviews about our place and then give us a call.

The Colonel’s Daughter, Jennifer

Reviewed June 27, 2012

Colonel Williams resort is a fantastic, completely immaculate place. It's beautiful, well organized, and very well kept, inside and out. Service is very good. It may have it's flaws, but as does every place. Colonel Williams resort is an excellent place to take your family, as it provides easy access to Lake George's many attractions. Though management may be strict, there are rules to be followed anywhere, and you must take this into consideration whilst planning your trip. Not once have I had a bad experience with Colonel Williams resort.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

I want to ensure that you know that we appreciate all guest feedback. Thank you for the insight regarding your experience with our service and access. Your feedback will help us to grow and evolve and I thank you again for taking the time to rate your experience.

Reviewed March 30, 2012

This place is scary. Very clean, yes, but don't touch ANYTHING. Even leaving your towel over a chair to dry is against the rules. The people that run this place are Looney Tunes. If you want to have an enjoyable Lake George vacation, then STAY ANYWHERE ELSE.

Room Tip: The only tip I can give you is to STAY AWAY....drive right by this place. Don't say you were not warned.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
11  Thank Don D
lgresort, General Manager at Colonel Williams Lake George Motel and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

Dear Potential Customers,