“I kinda love it...”

Heritage of Lake George Motel
Ranked #2 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Reviewed August 1, 2010

The Heritage Motel is exactly what you are looking for when visiting a lake. It has the old charm of a lake community with some extras such as a firepit, a gazebo, and a wonderful pool. They have cottages available for only about 15 dollars more which is essentially like your own little house on the motel property. The rooms arent modern but they have a certain lake house charm to them--quilted bedspreads and wood paneled walls. And everything is extremely clean- no complaints and I am a germ-a-phobe. I highly recommend the cottage. It makes your trip have little extra special. I's also a quick walk to the town. Perfect location- you never have to take your car out :) Loved it so much we stayed their two weekends in July.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kstino

Reviewed July 25, 2010

Stayed for a 4 day weekend. Place was very clean. Service was friendly and very helpful. The location is perfect, walk to everything you want to do. Nice pool. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2010

This is I believe the 5th time we have stayed here, it has been consistenly the cleanest and best value stay that I have had in Lake George so far. We stayed in one of the cottages with 2 queen beds. Plenty of room for a family of 4. Walking distance to everything in the village. Highly recommended.

One gripe, though. Around 11pm after my family had gone to sleep (we have young kids), someone turned on the light on the porch of our cottage and lit up the whole inside of our room, which woke up my kids. I ran outside expecting to find some kids playing around, and instead saw one of the employees walking away. I asked her if she did it, and she said yes and that they always turn them on at night. I informed her that she had woken up my whole family, but she didn't seem to concerned. I would suggest that they add some heavy duty light blocking curtains if they are going to do that.

Otherwise, I will definitely be staying there again.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank twysk
Reviewed June 27, 2010

The motel is very well kept with comfortable rooms. The owner and staff are second to none and look after your every need. We have been going there for the past 17 years to attend a rally each June and wouldn't consider another place. It is located on the main street so you can leave your vehicle parked and walk to the activities. I like to consider it my home away from home. I give it a 10.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 26, 2010

Very friendly host. Very well cared for property and a price you can't beat! Yes like most LG properties it is older but that did not in any way take away from the stay. If fact we found it charming. Basic rooms but we don't need much more for a 2 night stay. VERY CLEAN!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 20, 2009

We spent 2 nights here on the weekend of Oct 16-18th. We stayed in one of the little cottages that they offer. The room was small but very clean and everything worked just fine. We did not eat the continental breakfast here as we like to go out to a big breakfast each day we are in LG. For the rate this place can not be beat if you want to stay near the village. I have stayed at 2 other village locations and this was the best deal out there and the cleanest place I have ever stayed in lake george. We will be back!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 4, 2009

Like the majority of the hotels in Lake George, this property is older. But the rooms were amazingly clean which is really what matters most to me. We stayed in a 2 queen room upstairs which was plenty big enough. There was no counter in the bathroom, but that's really my only complaint. We did see on cabin that has one double bed which looked tiny.
The staff was friendly enough, but the day staff didn't seem to know the area that well or have good suggestions for places to eat.
The breakfast was English muffins and pastry every day. We got there later one morning and there were only pop tarts left, so go early.
We really enjoyed sitting by the fire pit every night.
It was also an easy walk to town. If staying in the town of Lake George again, we would stay here.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple