“we were happy”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lake George
Hill Of Happiness Motel
Ranked #59 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
new windsor
Reviewed June 11, 2006

my husband and i staied there twice with our daughter the couple that run the place are very nice and did more than most hotels do for you ilove the quiet in the morning and being able to grill out side was a blessing when you on a budget its a good thing. most other hotel/motel dont let you and room rervice and eating out everynight gets expencive. and relaxing i the pool was nice and there wasnt 20 other people running around it was like our own private resort id love to stay there again this summer if you like the outdoor and are on a budget this is a good place to start

• Stayed: August 2005
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Bloomfield, CT
Reviewed April 20, 2005

I love Hill of Happiness. I have been a regular customer for the past 12 yrs. My girlfriend and I went 5 yrs before I got married and from then my husband and I go. The Tarrantino's are the best. If you want fancy, expensive, etc., this isn't the place, but if you are looking for that rustic, peaceful atmosphere, with the wooded animals that stop by and visit every now and then, then this is the place to be. The mere fact I can cook outside, stand on my little porch and watch the sunrise and listen to the quiet of the morning is a small piece of Heaven. In fact last year we thought that Hill of Happiness was not going to open because the owners are planning on retiring. We made reservations at O'Sullivan's Motel in the village. It was the worst experience I ever had. We had my niece/nephew with us for the first time and it was embarrasing. We left O'Sullivan's and luck was on our side, Hill of Happiness was open and the Tarrantino's immediately made accommodations for use. It's going to be a sad day when they retire because we will have to find another place to stay or either purchase a small cottage there.

• Stayed: June 2004
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed July 9, 2004

Stayed twice at Hill of Happiness with our dog, Diva. The place was wonderful, the owners could not do enough, recommended restaurants, sites to see, and just were plain nice. The cabins are modest - if you want to stay at a fancy place this is not your cup of tea. But we loved the rustic atmosphere, a place to barbecue outside, a little porch to sit and contemplate, and our dog had such a great time being outdoors in the fresh air. We love the place. It's almost like staying at camp when we were younger. We recommend this place all the time and will always make reservations at this place.

• Stayed: August 2003
8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 24, 2004

I visited Lake George a couple of years ago back in July. I brought my dog with me so I had to find a place that allowed dogs which wasn't easy. Most places were booked up. I made reservations at the "Hill of Happiness" because it seemed real nice in the brochure. Not to mention the name was inviting. The owners were very nice and helpful. The first cabin they showed us was just way to small. So they gave us a small cabin like house which had an upstairs and downstairs. The place itself looked clean and cozy. However, there was only one airconditioner upstairs in the bedrooms. Downstairs was hot as hell!! The owner was nice enough to give us fans which helped a bit but not much. As we settled in we noticed we weren't alone in this cute, cozy house. There were mice running all about!! They were running across the floor and sitting on the furniture not to mention going for my dogs dishes. We complained to the owner who then set a couple of traps. By morning we had dead mice in these traps which wasn't pleasant to look at before eating breakfast. I would have to say that this vacation was an experience I will never forget. The owners were extremely nice. However, I would not stay at the "Hill of Happiness" again. Unless of course you like mice!!

12  Thank fiestylady