“uhmm..1st time I lost for words.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pablo's Burrito Cantina

Pablo's Burrito Cantina
Ranked #124 of 162 Restaurants in Lake George
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
New York City, New York
“uhmm..1st time I lost for words.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014

I try my best to always give a fair rating to every place I visit, But I just can't do that here. The food was flat out awful.Everything tasted like it was pre-made & reheated. My enchilada was brought out 10 mins later and even my 5 yr old who loves Mexican pushed her taco away. We walked away with all have eaten plated remaining on the tables. Also for such a tiny place with sub par decor and cleanliness..it was terribly overpriced!( It seem sthe focus was onteh bar area and serving alcohol to those customers) Very disappointed and definitely will not be visiting her again. I visit Lake George everyone 6 weeks and Pablo's Burrito Cantina will be off my list.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Mamaitaly72

Long Island, NY
“Just "EH"....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

We were looking for something different in Lake George. We thought it was quirky that Pablo's had a "no pizza slice" as part of their logo.
The inside is creative with the chalkboard menu and bar setup. We ate on the patio in order to people watch and experience Canada Street.
The food was bland. And I don't like spicy food at all. It needed seasoning.
The prices were fine. Coming from the NY metro area, I'm used to paying $8-$10 for a burrito and chips. But $10 for chips and an ice cream scoop of guacamole, is far fetched.
We weren't blown away by Pablo's and not impressed.

2 Thank jetset1106
Upstate NY
“Way overpriced for the food.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

I should have listened to my brother, who wanted Italian. He and his family went along with my request for a burrito. Since this place is right on Canada Street (the main street) and we were nearby, we stopped here. $6 a plate for "nachos," which were a handful-and-a-half of two kinds of tortilla chips sprinkled with some cheese (mostly melted) and a couple of jalapenos. Not served with salsa or anything else. My burrito, $12 or so, was bland, although I will admit it was warm. From the taco salads to the other fare, we all felt we were totally overcharged. If the nachos had been about $3 and my burrito had been about $6 or $7, I wouldn't really complain. I would have felt like I got what I paid for. And even the guacamole was more like a bland avocado mayonnaise. Not good. My advice? Go down by the lake to one of the restaurants that overlook the lake and pay this price--maybe a few bucks more--for a sit-down lunch with a view. You'll be glad you did.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Linda S
Minnesota
“Worth it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

Nice place across from city park on main street. Large offering of meals and a la carte items. You order at the counter and are given a number to place on your table for service. Tasty but... I had the tamale platter. Everyone was served (including dessert) at least 10 minutes before my meal came. I'm pretty sure you don't make a tamale from scratch per order, I thought most places simply steamed them prior to serving. It was good but seemed dry (as though microwaved). Also, even though my meal took considerably longer my beans were barely warm, the sprinkling of cheese no where near melting. But, sitting street side and people watching is endlessly entertaining!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Schenectady, New York
“no pizza slices!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

pablo's is a welcome addition to the much needed food choices on the lake george canada street strip. their logo does indeed feature a 'no pizza' slice graphic and yes indeed, it is a nice alternative to pizza slices or a burger. pablo's is more of a towny joint than real tourist spot and the late night crowd gathered at the bar can attest to that. at times, service is very slow and food can take much too long for mexican but in all fairness, there aren't many working in the kitchen to pump out the orders. they have an awesome crappy beer selection (some in cans) including PBR, schaeffer and schlitz. not to mention, a really nice tequilla selection so if it's a margarita you fancy, this is your spot. as for the food, in all fairness, i have only had the tacos, both ground beef and tilapia, and both are delicious, with a side of tasty tortilla chips. for less than $7, you get 2 tacos and the chips...very nice snack indeed and alternative to slices. their outside patio is a nice spot for canada street people watching and sitting at the bar is nice as well. for the uninitiated it's easier to place your order yourself at the corner of the bar than to wait for someone to come over to you. and, the cute foreign girl working has a difficult time hearing orders clearly so speak up! ha. overall, pablo's is always on my list of LG spots for a quick bite and nostalgic can of beer...as well as a great margarita. muy bueno

• Visited July 2013