“Dinner”

Ranked #7 of 164 Restaurants in Lake George
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

Amazing service. Sat by a freshly started fire for an early dinner. Server Debbie was very attentive and had the perfect blend of hospitality and service. Loved the house salad dressing, clams perfect, great filet mignon, and generous queen size prime rib. Definitely recommend this gem of a restaurant!

2  Thank Catherine S
There are newer reviews for Caldwell House Restaurant

Reviewed January 2, 2014

We had one of our best restaurant meals here. Great service and outrageously good food. The waitress even took the order from all the ladies first before asking the guys.

1  Thank Peter B
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

After being stuck in a major traffic jam, it was very nice to a lace like "Caldwell House". My wife and I were both very hungry. I could not believe how good our meal was. I ordered the porterhouse steak and my wife had the salmon. Not only were the meals excellent the service was just as good. I will be back again with friends.

1  Thank John V
Reviewed October 25, 2013

My husband and I read some great reviews on this restaurant and thought we would give it a try. So glad we did! We went on a somewhat busy night but everything was great. The bartender, Kristin, made some great martinis. My husband said his bourbon old fashioned was perfect as well. We sat down for dinner and had Debbie as our server. She was awesome. Very professional, never missed a beat. Our meals were cooked perfectly. Prices were reasonable, especially considering the portions you get! We would definitely recommend and can't wait to go back!

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Thanks to tripadvisor we came across reviews of the fantastic restaurant. We had dinner here our first night in town. The restaurant was a bit of a time warp. We had this sweet older waitress who was, a career waitress, she was on top of everything and fantastic. Our waitress along with several others had the classic very big old school 50's type hair and you know what it worked. It matched the dated decor in a good way. We had nice warm crunchy bread as well as the house made cheese spread and crackers. I tried 2 different martini's which were both delicious. For an appetizer we had the crab cakes which were delicious with homemade tartar sauce unlike the prepackaged which they apparently serve at the Log Jammer. My husband had the filet au poivre which was perfect cooked and plate licking. I had the stuffed scallops. We both had the sweet potato souffle as a side, which I should say wasn't ready when we arrived (we were there super early) but our fantastic waitress managed to get it for both of us! We were seated near the fire place which was on and carefully tended to all evening and it really made it a romantic and memorable night.

1  Thank Corinn1021