“Views and ambiance the best part”

Caldwell House Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 165 Restaurants in Lake George
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Service was very slow with several servers not quite sure who was supposed to wait on which party. The selections on the menu were very slim - especially if you have allergies to seafood.

Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Owner chef Caldwell House is great. Both times have been delicious...we thought we got lucky when every thing from pate app to filet oscar and a nightly pasta special was great. So we came back the pate is awesome and the portions, homemade bread and entire meal was perfect. The only thing that will make it better will be when the beautiful stone fireplace is lit! We'll be back!

Reviewed September 15, 2013

We stopped here for dinner. The wait staff is attentive, We were seated right away and had the cheese and cracker tray within 4 minutes. We both had the Chicken Parm. It was very good.

Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

This came recommended to me by the bartender at tr's at the Holiday Inn. When the locals like a place that's where I want to eat when I on vacation. My family of four ate here on a Tuesday night. The place was quiet. We were served right away by a very nice server. Our food came out right away and was fantastic. Surf and turf was cooked perfectly and was as good as Log Jams. The kids loved their kids meals. My wife enjoyed her meal too. This place is a hidden gem. We are from Long Island and are used to good food we will absolutely visit again

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Happened to drive by and seen this restaurant opened up again, what a treat. We went there about 2 years ago and it was good, went back this year and had the Stuffed Scallops they where the best I ever had hands down. My wife had a Steak she said it melt in her mouth. The food here was so good we went back again in the same week and it was just as good as the first time. We ask to talk to the owner to tell him how good the meal was and to not change anything. The service was good and friendly but the food took a little longer then your every day restaurant but this place is not your every day restaurant, the food is cooked to order fresh and what a different. I would recommend this place to everybody you will not be disappointed. The atmosphere was real Adirondack feeling with the log cabin and stone fireplace, a real friendly place.