“Eat here when you are in Lake George”

Caldwell House Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 164 Restaurants in Lake George
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Massapequa, New York
“Eat here when you are in Lake George”
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

This came recommended to me by the bartender at tr's at the Holiday Inn. When the locals like a place that's where I want to eat when I on vacation. My family of four ate here on a Tuesday night. The place was quiet. We were served right away by a very nice server. Our food came out right away and was fantastic. Surf and turf was cooked perfectly and was as good as Log Jams. The kids loved their kids meals. My wife enjoyed her meal too. This place is a hidden gem. We are from Long Island and are used to good food we will absolutely visit again

Diamond Point, NY USA
“Lake Georges Top Restaurant”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Happened to drive by and seen this restaurant opened up again, what a treat. We went there about 2 years ago and it was good, went back this year and had the Stuffed Scallops they where the best I ever had hands down. My wife had a Steak she said it melt in her mouth. The food here was so good we went back again in the same week and it was just as good as the first time. We ask to talk to the owner to tell him how good the meal was and to not change anything. The service was good and friendly but the food took a little longer then your every day restaurant but this place is not your every day restaurant, the food is cooked to order fresh and what a different. I would recommend this place to everybody you will not be disappointed. The atmosphere was real Adirondack feeling with the log cabin and stone fireplace, a real friendly place.

Groton,MA
“Terrific - OMG on the Osso Bucco”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We are not from the area and were on our way back to the hotel from 6 flags. We stopped at the restaurant down the street that advertised its prime rib and the wait was 45 mins long. We continued on our way north toward LG and stopped at the Caldwell House. What an awesome experience. The service was terrific and I had a plate of Osso Bucco (sp) that was unbelievable. It was enormous. The place was charming...comfortable and we were so so glad we did not wait for the "other" restaurant. This place was a gem.

Lake George, NY
“So happy they are back!”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We found out that the Caldwell House re-opened from reading a friend's review on Facebook. We are so happy that this wonderful Adirondack style restaurant is back in business! This is a smaller version of some other Adirondack style restaurants and here are the advantages: its cozier, you can actually have a conversation with everyone at your table, and the food is excellent. Chef Jim prepares everything from scratch and prides himself on the quality of the meals. While we would love to keep this as a "locals' secret", that would be doing them and you a disservice, so don't hesitate to enjoy this dining experience and bring your friends and family!

wpw54
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“hal·le·lu·jah fills the Void left by the Montcalm”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Best meal I ever had in Lake George! The staff was professional and friendly. Further, they were dressed in fine uniforms. The head chef and owner was also quite dapper. He personally came to our table and greeted us, then told us about his background and passion for cooking. The meal was amazing! The prime rib melted in my mouth. I would also say that the prices are quite reasonable and left pleasantly surprised.