“I dont get it.”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 11, 2014

I very much wanted to like this place. I really did. I read all the negative reviews and had an inkling that the business was being wrongly maligned, and I wanted to write a positive review. We never did stay to eat, so I cannot say whether the food was good or not. I was a bit puzzled and confused by the ordering procedure. I don't get the "breakfast bar" thing. They tell you to get your food from the "breakfast bar" and you'll save 15% off the menu prices. That sounded great. I expected to see some type of buffet with yummy offerings, but instead there is a steam table full of empty line pans. My husband became annoyed with this procedure and wanted to leave. I give snaps to the owners for wanting to offer a way for customers to save some money, but I don't think this way quite works. Maybe they could offer a real breakfast bar for a flat price?

Pancakeboss, Owner at Lake George Pancake House, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2014

We don't believe in buffets. Let's face it, they're kind of like troughs. Plus, other than breakfast sandwiches, you would be eliminating eggs from the menu. They wouldn't last. They need to be cooked to order. Pancakes would last maybe 5 minutes. Our specialty items require loving care to create. Buffets work in dinner houses, not breakfast houses. All you can eat buffets don't work in resorts because people bring their sleeping bags and take food home in garbage bags. Restaurants in resorts have 90 days to make enough profit to sustain their existence for the next summer season. (All you can eat means you are eating bad food. Don't kid yourself.) Also, choices at buffets will always be limited to what the house wants to serve you. And than people would start complaining abut that. Since people eat the house out of profits the quality of items at buffets is like the stuff hotels give out for free. Trust me, there is a huge difference. With us, the entire menu is open at the breakfast bar for you to choose. It's your choice. If you like, grab the waiter instead. We are at this point dumbfounded as to why some people remain thrown by the fact we give the 15% discount. Again, entire menu, you step up and order and save 15%. We will explore not yielding the 15% kick back. But, geez, we thought we were doing something good.

Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

This place was very enticing from outside! When we stepped inside we were given the option of ordering our own food to save 10% plus you don't have to tip. How weird is that??? Yes we did it, it was annoying. I don't know why we are given that option. I just don't get it...
Anyways, the prices are high, the food was good and my server was amazingly sexy lol

Reviewed August 11, 2014

They have lots of different kinds of pancakes and the ones we had at our table were all very tasty. But one of the most important breakfast items, the bacon was terrible it was so salty, you almost couldn't eat it (almost). It was very expensive and you had to add items like toast and bacon to almost any item. Would not go back with all the breakfast options around town.

2  Thank 44isballn

Thank you for your review. You interest me because of your bacon comments.Never heard that complaint before. I will look into it. So you know, in the breakfast business, toast does not come with pancakes, French toast or waffles. Sort of a no carb on carb rule. And, I've never gone to a breakfast house where you did not have to pay for a side of bacon, so I'm sorry, it will remain not free. Thanks again. All the best.

Reviewed August 10, 2014

My husband cannot get over paying $65 for breakfast for 4 that did not include tip. My kids wanted pancakes. We found this place while staying down the road in Lake George. Everyone got pancakes or French toast but me. I ordered an omelet that came with rosemary hash browns. I knew something didn't taste right but I thought it was the rosemary that was throwing me off. I was sick for hours. Do not go to this place. Way over priced.

4  Thank AlwaysWright315
Pancakeboss, Owner at Lake George Pancake House, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

YOU PAID FORTY TWO DOLLARS AND TWENTY EIGHT CENTS) Allow me to present the evidence. Pancakes and French toast for four= 4x7.50=$30. One omelet with potato for one= 9.75, (that is even assuming the largest omelet) I will even throw in $10 bucks for drinks. Total $49.75. minus the 15% discount for self ordering= $42. 28. If you would have ordered kid's meals, take off another $10 bucks (you didn't, go figure) the drinks for kids are also free. If you would have arrived before 8:30AM, deduct another 10%. No, I do not believe you got sick, that is unless you were sick when you walked in. I'm not a doctor, however, I read an entire article on the internet (well almost read all of it) and it said that people who don't tell the truth live with guilt and that = stress and perhaps that's what gets you sick. By the way, you stayed at the Motel 6. You were acting up - hysterics - angry about something even before you ordered, drawing attention from all. You knew the prices prior to ordering. Why did you order if you thought $42 was too expensive for you. Why? You held a menu in hand and ordered - Why? Why? Why? Madam, please go to McDonalds next time. We don't want you around our kids and their families. You don't belong here, nor will we permit your antics again. Now do you understand my truth = No soup for you.

Reviewed August 7, 2014

We were seated right away and greeted by a friendly waitress that took our orders immediately and before we knew it our food arrived. Everything was perfect and tasted great. we have 5 members to our family and all of us raved about our experience. the menu is packed; there is something for everybody. I highly recommend this restaurant for breakfast goers!!