“Meh”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Ithaca, New York
“Meh”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Tried this place based on the reviews it received. Loved sitting on the patio and enjoying the fresh air, and the waitress was lovely, but the food - meh. I was incredibly disappointed, especially considering the prices. There was absolutely nothing we had that made us want to go back there. Lots of Italian restaurants in the area... plan to go elsewhere next time.

Visited May 2013

SINY
“Good for backup plans”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Was intending on going to the Log Jam on a busy Holiday weekend, when told of an hour wait, my backup plan was Mama Riso's. No wait, good food, good service. No complaints, just an average Italian place.

• Visited February 2013
Selkirk, New York
“Delicious!”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

There were 6 of us who dined there in November and not one meal was bad. We had the antipasto, garlic bread, tortellini soup and 6 different entrees and all were delicious. We had a great waitress by the name of Dorothy and the staff couldn't have been nicer. I would definitely go back!

• Visited November 2012
Albany, New York
“Tradition Italian”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Average food in a boring, worn setting, with just so-so service and an inflated price. We ate here do to the fact that almost everything else was closed for the season (even McDonalds was closed down) and we didn't want to drive to another town. Not a good choice...we were very disappointed. We both ordered Chicken Parm. It came with a salad, a side of either spaghetti or ziti maranara (which was cold) and italian bread. My husband had a coke and I had a glass of house chianti, no dessert and it came to $86.00 with tipWe thought that was a lot for a family reastaurant with very basic Italian food. I do not recommend this restaurant, it is past its prime.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank Kathleen P
Salvatore I, Owner at Mama Riso's Restaurant, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear Kathleen!

I was very sorry to hear about you recent experience at Mama Riso's. I was even more surprised to hear how high your bill was. I can't recall your party and I wish you had bring that to our attention, I can only hope it wasn't a terrible mistake on our behalf. Two Chicken Parmigiana dinners (each $17.50 including pasta, salad and warm Italian bread), with a soda ($2.50) and a glass of Chianti ($6.00) should come up to $46.54 tax included. Please contact us and see if we can fix anything for you.
Mount Kisco, NY
“Good Italian meal”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I visited here about 4 years ago and loved the meal. I was not disappointed. Had the fisherman's platter and it was fabulous. Came with minestrone soup that was a bit thin on flavor. My husband and daughter both loved their meals - chicken cacciatore and shrimp scampi. No room for dessert.

Visited November 2012