“Overpriced bar food”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stopped at this bar for a late lunch on our way back from camping in the Adirondacks over the long weekend. The restaurant which has a nice view of the lake and sits atop a bric-a-brac of lower end retailing stores and is attached to the Fort William Henry Hotel. My wife and I ordered burgers and our children has the smaller "children" sized burgers. The beef was not cooked medium as requested for a few of our burgers. The meat was quite greasy and the accompanying fries were soft and seemed like they sat out for a bit. The children's burgers were much too large and they ending up wasting their meal. All of us had soft drinks. Later that night I had heartburn from the grease. It's unfortunate that this is place could be some much better for food quality since the views are nice. Total cost for a the four of us was ~$52. Yes, it was really that expensive.....

Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Great view...that's about it. The quesadilla was so oily/greasy I had to try and cut it to eat it. I ended up with the waxed paper it came on in my fork. Was only able to eat 1/2 because it was so oily. The fries were plain and also greasy. The burger looked ok. There were a total of 3 tables seated (including us- 1 had there food & the other hadn't ordered yet) it took about 20 minutes for the medium rare burger & quesadilla. The 1st red flag should have been when Kraft mayonnaise or newmans dressing were highlighted on the menu. I guess it's better than highlighting shop rite or price chopper brand as the best condiments...

Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

Super close to the lake, right on Beach road. I got a veggie burger and sweet potato fries and they were soooo good!!! Staff seems hit or miss, but it's like that at most restaurants. I would definitely recommend this place!!

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Great view! Burgers were very good. A little pricey, but not much different from other restaurants in the area. Did I mention the great view?!

Reviewed September 18, 2012

We ate here twice during our wedding weekend. The second time for me was beacuse others wanted to eat here that had not already eaten here. Service was good but a nit slow and it was not overly crowed the two times we ate here. Skip the burgers - Mine was very dry and not at all good. I had a salad - that was acceptable. Overall - it is a tourist area so prices are in line with that.