“OK for lunch, not great, not bad”
Review of Lookout Cafe

Lookout Cafe
Ranked #107 of 163 Restaurants in Lake George
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children
Riverhead, NY
“OK for lunch, not great, not bad”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Food was fairly decent, the kids had chicken I think, wife and I had burgers. Satisfying lunch, nothing to write home about but no major complaints. A little pricey from what I remember for lunch. Very convenient to the boat dock/tours which is why we went. One thing - there is one men's room and one women's room. The line for the women's room was about 15 minutes long. Completely inadequate facilities. But if you don't have to go, the view is nice and the food is decent.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Really great view, but that's it”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

One assumes that when comments come in about how bad the food is here, management and staff are not offended. Maybe they would be offended if they were trying... But why try? Great view + tourist town = successful business.

Food was really not good. Staff was very nice but did not seem to be pleased to be there. Bathroom smelled like old cigarettes and paint. But hey! The view was great!

Lake George
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great view, average food”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

The sign says best view, best burgers. The view is great, but the food (including the burgers) is pretty ordinary. Also, it's not the cleanest place in the world. The prices reflect the location and view, but the value as far as food goes, is average at best.

Visited August 2012
Albany, New York
“"Lookout"-Great. "Cafe"-Not so great.”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Just returned from a day trip to Lake George. Wish I had read the reviews on this place beforehand, but it was a spur of the moment thing.
I have been by the Lookout Cafe many times, but have never eaten there, so my family and I decided to give it a try. While the view was very nice and our wait staff was polite, there are much better places to eat in this town. If you don't mind being served with plastic silverware, small plastic baskets for your food and paper cups for your beverages, then you'll be fine. Rolls of paper towels are on each table to be used as your napkin. As for the food, it was so-so and for what you're getting, I think overpriced. I basically could have gone to a fast food place and ordered pretty much the same think and paid half the price.
The restaurant itself is not the cleanest either. I understand that this is an outside cafe with a roof over it, but cleaning the tables off before you seat another party, I would think, would be just a normal thing to do. Plus, I don't think the floors had been swept in days.
In all fairness, I guess if you just want to order a drink and look out at the lake - then I think you'd be fine. But my overall thoughts - I agree with Mmadd's review on this one - walk up the stairs, take a look - walk back down, and then run from this place!

New Haven, Connecticut
“Great burgers, views and service”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Nice covered outdoor patio overlooking the lake. Had the best burgers of the stay and the onion rings were great. also has a great beer selection. Our server was terrific.

Visited July 2012