“Great view, average food”
Review of Lookout Cafe

Lookout Cafe
Ranked #119 of 165 Restaurants in Lake George
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children
Reviewed August 10, 2012

The sign says best view, best burgers. The view is great, but the food (including the burgers) is pretty ordinary. Also, it's not the cleanest place in the world. The prices reflect the location and view, but the value as far as food goes, is average at best.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Just returned from a day trip to Lake George. Wish I had read the reviews on this place beforehand, but it was a spur of the moment thing.
I have been by the Lookout Cafe many times, but have never eaten there, so my family and I decided to give it a try. While the view was very nice and our wait staff was polite, there are much better places to eat in this town. If you don't mind being served with plastic silverware, small plastic baskets for your food and paper cups for your beverages, then you'll be fine. Rolls of paper towels are on each table to be used as your napkin. As for the food, it was so-so and for what you're getting, I think overpriced. I basically could have gone to a fast food place and ordered pretty much the same think and paid half the price.
The restaurant itself is not the cleanest either. I understand that this is an outside cafe with a roof over it, but cleaning the tables off before you seat another party, I would think, would be just a normal thing to do. Plus, I don't think the floors had been swept in days.
In all fairness, I guess if you just want to order a drink and look out at the lake - then I think you'd be fine. But my overall thoughts - I agree with Mmadd's review on this one - walk up the stairs, take a look - walk back down, and then run from this place!

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Nice covered outdoor patio overlooking the lake. Had the best burgers of the stay and the onion rings were great. also has a great beer selection. Our server was terrific.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

We Live In N.H. 31/2 hours from here. We found this place years ago after traveling to Montreal. It USED to be fantastic ! I think everything furniture wise is the same from 20 years ago. This is not the first time we took a day ride on the motorcycle to eat. BUT it was a big disappointment. Buy hamburger-have to purchase fries seperately! Standard frozen food-burgers-shoestring fries-onion rings. I've had better frozen at home. They have a lot of work to do to get us back! The only things this place has going for it is the location and view! Hope they get it together!

Reviewed July 27, 2012

We were at the beach, and this was the closest place, with no wait and we (family of 4) were hungry. Although there was no wait, the service was slow.. no fault of the waitstaff - severely under staffed for a Sat. afternoon in July! Food was good, however overpriced.
Took me 40 minutes to pay the bill! The bus boy took it to the register for me!! I sat there ALONE at the table waiting to pay for 20 minutes, thinking that would speed things up. NO.
The view was GREAT, but walk up the stairs, look,,, and walk back down.