“scenic view comfortable restaurant”

Boathouse Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Boathouse Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 163 Restaurants in Lake George
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Boathouse Restaurant on Lake George at The Lodges at Cresthaven is a place to relax and enjoy casual or fine shoreline dining, stunning views, and exemplary service. At The Lodges at Cresthaven in Lake George, dining at The Boathouse Restaurant lets you enjoy splendid water's edge views from the shores of our exceptional lakefront location. Originally built in 1876 as part of the Abenin estate - once owned by New York Times Publisher, Adolph Ochs - The Boathouse Restaurant offers dining on Lake George with an atmosphere steeped in Adirondack charm, history and unlimited Lake George views. Whether you're enjoying a summer lunch or a nightly dinner, our lakefront restaurant is the perfect setting for any occasions. Lake George Weddings, private parties and special events are also welcome, with lovely Adirondack lodge-style vacation rentals on Lake George available for you and all of your guests! The Boathouse Restaurant will delight your senses. Your table is waiting!
Montreal, Canada
“scenic view comfortable restaurant”
Reviewed September 2, 2014

A nice restaurant serving seafood chicken and steak. We had a salad. My sister cannot take onions. She ordered hers without. She got exactly what she ordered. The steamers were plentiful and the sauce delicious. The entrees that we chose where the stuffed sole and creamy lobster sauce. I had a generous piece of lobster. My sister wasn't as lucky. The fix came with a generous helping of garlic mashed potatoes. Nice and hot. The dessert was the townhouse pie. Get ready to share. There is plenty for two people. The location is great! You can watch the activities that are going on out on the lake. A nice evening! Would recommend it without hesitation.

• Visited September 2014
Fred V, Owner at Boathouse Restaurant, responded to this review, September 4, 2014
If you're happy, we're happy! Thank you for the many compliments and we sure do appreciate your support. Hopefully we'll have the pleasure of serving you again soon!

Until then,

Summit, New York
“Great day out on the lake”
Reviewed September 1, 2014 via mobile

Pulled up to the dock and before we even got there they had two employees ready to help tie off the boat. We had a party of 9 (kids and adults)and were seated right away. Our orders were taken quickly and we were eating in no time. The service was great and the food delicious! Will dock and dine again, that's for sure!!

Visited August 2014
Fred V, Owner at Boathouse Restaurant, responded to this review, September 3, 2014
Thank you so much for the encouraging words, Debbi! Your support means a lot and we cannot wait to welcome you back. You've always got a spot at our table!

Cheers,
Waltham, Massachusetts
“Beautiful view but food a disappointment”
Reviewed August 27, 2014 via mobile

We were looking for a restaurant with a view of the lake and the
Boathouse does not disappoint there. It has a magnificent view. However when it comes to the food, it falls short. We were greeted warmly and were immediately seated on the covered porch. The piped in music was too loud. The basket of cold rolls was just that, cold. Both my husband and I ordered the steak special, mine medIum-rare and his medium. Mine arrived medium and his well done. Our waiter came right over and I told him my husband would take mine and I would like mine medium rare please.

My second steak arrived and when I cut into it it was medium to medium well. Our waiter asked if it was okay but he saw that it wasn't, offered to take it back again, but I told him no because by the time it came out my husband would be finished his meal. He apologized, as he had the first time and assured us he would take it off our bill, which was the right thing to do.

We would not recommend the Boathouse.

Visited August 2014
If you're disappointed, we're disappointed. Right away, we want to apologize that you left our restaurant feeling unsatisfied, Gerry, as that's never our intention. First impressions can be hard to shake, but a second chance to impress would sure mean a lot to us. We're confident we can provide you with the 5-star experience you deserve.

Kindly,
Clarence Center, New York
“Delicious food, very good service”
Reviewed August 26, 2014 via mobile

My family and I happened upon this place just by chance and were very glad we did. We were actually looking for another restaurant that we had visited a few years ago and pulled in the Boathouse by mistake. A guy in a golf cart pulled up to our car, gave the restaurant a very good review and then helped us find a parking spot. We didn't have a reservation but they seated us immediately. Our waiter was very nice, seemed a little timid, but provided very good service and even came over to apologize that our meals weren't out yet even though we hadn't even noticed. My husband got the filet tournado and I got the Cajun salmon. They were both absolutely delicious. It's a little loud in there because of the way it's built but we had our kids with us so we didn't mind.

Fred V, Owner at Boathouse Restaurant, responded to this review, August 31, 2014
You're very thoughtful for giving us this feedback! From the delicious food to the courteous service, we're happy to hear you had a lovely meal. Hopefully we'll have the pleasure of serving you again soon!

Until then,
Pompton Lakes, New Jersey
“FABULOUS PLACE!!”
Reviewed August 22, 2014

I love this place.
For appetizers I usually get the Chicken wings and Pretzels with the dip. Occasionally also get a soup or salad too.
Entrees are very good portion and always fresh!
From Seafood, Steak, Burgers and Pasta... I have tried them all and would recommend all.
This place is great for couples or for families.

• Visited August 2014
Fred V, Owner at Boathouse Restaurant, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
The feeling is mutual! Thank you for taking the time to recommend us, Moe. We're happy to hear you had a fabulous time and cannot wait to welcome you back. Our door's always open!

Until next time,