“Tourist Trap; Pass on This One”

Boardwalk Restaurant & Marina
Ranked #42 of 164 Restaurants in Lake George
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Lake George Boardwalk Restaurant and Bar is the only restaurant in Lake George Village that has over-the-lake lakeside seating. Throw your next party or special event on our boathouse deck right over Lake George. Stop by and have a great lunch or dinner on our outdoor deck, relax and enjoy live music and entertainment, or choose our newly renovated dining room with plenty of window seating overlooking the lake. Free parking for diners, or come by boat and “park in front”! Open weekends late May until summer season begins. Open 7 days late June through Labor Day. Open weekends after Labor Day through Columbus Day.
Reviewed October 13, 2008

The Boardwalk Restaurant occupies one of the best locations on the lake in terms of dining with a view, but your experience will stop there. The interiors of both the upstairs deck and the downstairs dining room are bland and uninteresting and I can say about the same for the food.

Anybody who purchases a ticket to the Steamboat Company of Lake George boat rides gets a ten per cent discount at this restaurant, so I decided to try it. I'd suggest that you keep on stepping down the street for a bit better meal. The food is nothing special; the service is without enthusiasm.

Try Sicilian Spaghetti House or the sandwich place at the top of the hill above Boardwalk instead.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed July 3, 2008

Being that we have sent people to this restaurant and gotten bad comments about it we went to see what it was like. We acted as tourists to get the real feel of the food and service. We had no problems at the establishment. The food was great and the view of the lake marvelous.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed October 5, 2007

This place was recommended to us for the best view of the firework show. Unfortunately they serve the worst food I ever had and the service was terrible.

We made reservation for the restaurant downstairs, since I was told the food on the upstairs deck was fried-pub food, (chicken fingers, fries, sandwiches, etc.) Well, it couldn't have been worse than the food they served us in the restaurant because everything was frozen from a box. I have actually had much better food in a Pub.

The calamari was cold and soggy and the stuff shrimp with crabmeat was overcooked with a horrible stuffing and not a hint of crabmeat.

The food was such a disappointment, I couldn't even enjoy the fireworks.

1  Thank NY916
Reviewed August 13, 2007

it was a good place to sit down and enjoy the breeze. The scenic was great! However, they just provide junk food. Go for a little brunch or snack time.

1  Thank KFGC
Reviewed January 9, 2007

I have been going to the Lake George area all of my life and fregeuntly go to Lake George and when I go I eat here. I sit on the deck order an order of chicken tenders or a nice sandwhich and enjoy the view. The service is Great!

1  Thank sacndagagirl