“Service and food....GREAT”

Ranked #6 of 165 Restaurants in Lake George
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: "We dare you to go away hungry!" Breakfast favorites from Eggs Benedict to Specialty Pancakes! Join us 7 days a week from 7 - 1 (Sorry no credit cards, ATM available)
Reviewed August 13, 2013

After eating out for the last few days and finding service mediocre and most of the food the same,we were pleasantly surprised by our waitress Andy (service was great and she had a Sense of humor) and the tasty breakfast we had. The casual atmosphere is great for children. We will definitely visit again.

1  Thank sisi123

Reviewed August 12, 2013

My family was all together in Lake George for a reunion, and the organizers of the reunion had contacted Lone Bull well in advance to let them know we'd like to have our last morning breakfast at their restaurant. They wanted to make sure we could be accommodated, and were told that it would be fine, and they'd be expecting us.

As the family arrived, a very straggly looking man was in the parking lot directing cars. He looked homeless, he was so dirty and scraggly. He immediately told one family member, who was towing a VERY small popup behind his truck that he couldn't eat there, because they didn't have room for his tow. NO TOWED ANYTHING ALLOWED! This was the first batch of family that left disgusted. 5 down, 35 to go.

I went in with my infant daughter in my arms, not knowing what had just happened outside, to let them know that we were there, and there were about 40 of us. There were two women at the register, and the older one stood up straight before I could even finish my sentence, and stated quite matter of factly, "We. Do. NOT. Take. Reservations."

To which I replied, "Okay, but someone spoke with someone here a couple weeks ago to let them know about our large group and... "

She interrupted, "We. Do. NOT. Take. Reservations."

I stopped, a bit stunned, and said, "I'm not trying to say that you do. I'm just trying to let you know that my family is here, there are about... "

"We. Do. NOT! Take. Reservations!"

So I suggested she let me finish my sentence before repeating herself for a fourth time, because she was being rude. She stormed off. The other girl there was much nicer, and she asked me if I was simply trying to explain there was a large party. I told her yes, and she said that while we wouldn't all be able to sit together, she was certain we could all be accommodated. I thanked her, and told her that was just fine.

Next thing I know, a short woman came out and ELBOWED MY DAUGHTER so she could get in front of me, and bumped me with her chest.

"Is there a PROBLEM here?" she glared at my face.

I admit, I told her that if she touched my daughter or I again, there would be.

"WE DO NOT ACCEPT RESERVATIONS!"

I once again, tried to softly explain, that I was quite clear on that issue, and that I was simply trying to let them know that the group they were informed about two weeks prior was there and ready to eat.

She got right in my face... "WE DO NOT ACCEPT RESERVATIONS!!"

I'd had it. I refuse to be treated that way by a place I'm trying to give my hard earned money to.

Then I went outside and found out what'd happened in the parking lot.

I left. Most of the family (those that knew what happened) left also. It was easily the most ridiculous, offensive experience I'd ever had at any restaurant.

So yeah, if you want to be directed to park your car by a homeless man, or have a short, violent woman elbow your baby... go ahead and go. Otherwise, there's a Denny's at the Wilton exit off the Northway. Along with a million other places to get breakfast but this place.

6  Thank luckymama0914
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Ate here twice during our stay in Lake George, August 2013, food was great and they give very large portions. I had the belgian waffle which was very good, my family had the pancakes. Based on other reviews, we brought our own pure maple syrup with us.

1  Thank Lee0722
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We used to eat at another breakfast restaurant in the area, but noticed prices going up and food going down, so we finally decided to try Lone Bull....can't believe what we were missing!!! The food is abundant, pricing fair, service excellent!!! Wait times they tell you at counter are accurate (if not seated even sooner). We ate here more than once on our trip and it is our new favorite breakfast restaurant. Worth the wait!!!!!

1  Thank NewJerseyBossFan
Reviewed August 4, 2013

we read reviews of places to eat in Lake George before going there and we knew breakfast was going to be at the Lone Bull. We ate there the first day, don't get me wrong, it was good, but WAY over priced for breakfast. It might just be me, but I think $25 plus tip is a little much to pay for breakfast. If you want a great breakfast, for much, much less, and a great lake view, go to Grandmas Back Porch restaurant. You won't be sorry.