“Excellent Italian” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mario's Restaurant

Mario's Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 162 Restaurants in Lake George
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Croghan, NY
“Excellent Italian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

My husband and I were in Lake George for Americade and it being Saturday night, every place was busy so I called and made a reservation. We arrived on time and were seated immediately. I ordered a glass of the house Riesling which was fine and my husband ordered a Manhattan which he said was well made. My husband who loves Braciole was pleased to find it on the menu and I had the Veal Marsala, which is one of my favorites, Both were excellent. The sauce on the spaghetti side was very good. Salad was good and bread was hot. We did not order desert as we were quite filled to the brim. By the time we left, there was a long line at the door. We would definitely come again on our next trip to Lake George.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank rubyCroghan

Dunn
“Excellent breakfast buffet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

The special breakfast buffet was excellent as were the eggs Benedict. The staff were especially friendly and helpful.

Visited June 2014
Albany, New York
“A very nice breakfast buffet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

They have a great breakfast buffet, good food, and priced well, only problem they don't do it all that often, give it a try, I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

• Visited June 2014
Hartford, Connecticut
“Festive night at Mario's”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

Our golf group stopped into Mario's for dinner on a Saturday after golf. First off our waitress was a gem, she took care of us with a smile and some good natured ribbing, that added to the night. The wine was flowing and the food was good, a great time.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank ksl64
Connecticut
“Really wanted to love this place.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014

We came to Mario's with high hopes and recommendations from other people I know that have been here before. There are many family-owned long-established Italian restaurants where we are from. My wife and I try to frequent them as often as possible because the quality is ALWAYS better than chain restaurants and we like supporting family-owned businesses.

They were in the process of remodeling their bar area and it was maybe a busier evening than they had staffed for. Our waiter was excellent but clearly juggling a lot of things at once. Still he made no mistakes and kept our glasses full throughout the evening.

The bread they provided was fair, but nothing especially grand. I tried the chicken milanese. I found it to be ok, a modest effort but nothing especially memorable. The chicken was a bit tougher than I would have preferred. My wife had a pasta dish (don't remember which one) and her meal was also fine. But just fine, again nothing special.

We tried the "Chocolate Decadence" dessert. The feeling was that the dessert did not live up to the name either. Kind of just a regular piece of cake. Oh well.

Maybe it was just an off night for them - clearly after 60 years they have a following of loyal customers for a reason. I just felt that the meal was a bit disappointing and that my expectations were too high going in.

• Visited April 2014