“not so great”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I have had better meals at this restaurant having eaten there numerous times over the last number of years. I hope this was just an "off day" I will eat there again for two reasons. One it is pretty much the only seafood restaurant in the Lake George area and two every one deserves a second chance. On this visit the bread was stale and my wife's salad had pieces of brown lettuce in it. My advise to the owner is stop being pennywise and dollar foolish. My wife said her haddock was excellent. I had lobster which was a little tuff but I guess acceptable. The dessert we had that came with the restaurant week special was a joke. As is typical in the Lake George area the servers and greeters were excellent, very polite and attentive. The server even said she would replace my wife's salad when she complained. My wife declined.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Service was so-so. The food? The shrimp they brought me was panko coated shrimp they use in sushi, not beer battered, not golden fried, or some kind of batter, but the straight panko shrimp used in sushi! And it was under cooked. The scallops were well over cooked. The clams were OK, but same thing you get at Big Boy. The pricing was on par with a Red Lobster, but I think Red Lobster was better, and unfortunately, that isn't saying much. I really expected a better effort from a one off mom and pop place. Would I have been happier with a lobster? Probably. So I can't hold them entirely accountable. But their clam chowder tasted like it was out of a can, had very few clams in it and was mostly potato soup.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

I have to start out by saying that the waitress was friendly and the food came fast. I got the lazy man's lobster and my wife got some sort of pasta platter with clams, mussels and other seafood. My lobster and her pasta were both overcooked and she says the sauce taste like it came out of a can. We also got lobster bisque soup which was OK. My wife also said her seafood tasted like it may have been frozen.

Like I said, the waitress was very friendly and attentive until we needed drink refills, then it seems, we could not find her. I guess $100.00 does not guarantee a quality meal. We won't go there again.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We were in town for Americade weekend! 6 of us came in for a wonderful dinner on Friday night & ended up staying out on the patio area for the evening. Prices were a little high, but all-in-all it was great! Acoustic players were great! We came back Saturday night to hang out on the patio again. Great place to watch all the action down on the street & watch everything that's going on!

Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

We are a group of five and went for dinner around 9:30pm. The outside area had a good amount of people and inside there was one other table besides us. We opened the menu and were a bit taken back by the prices, but decided we'd give it a try. Our waiter was pleasant and timely with taking our order. I decided on the NY Strip Steak, cooked to medium rare temperature with red roasted potatoes and a garden salad with bleu cheese. The bleu cheese dressing was chunky and delicious! I received a nice portion of steak that was sadly more on the medium to medium-well side than medium-rare, but it was seasoned well and tasty. The red roasted potatoes were actually deep fried regular ol'white potatoes, don't get me wrong, they were tasty, but if you were hoping for something a little healthier and not deep fried these weren't for you. Overall the food was good, and everyone else at the table would agree, but it was average at best and priced on the high end. Plus our service really dwindled as the night went on. Wouldn't go back.