“Good food nice atmosphere”

Adirondack Pub & Brewery
Ranked #9 of 162 Restaurants in Lake George
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Upstate NY
“Good food nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

Good beer, Just okay wine, good food. Nice atmosphere...casual. Service weak...too long to get drinks...forgotten, hard to get bill and cash out. Frustrating...disorganized.

• Visited May 2013

North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“We'll be back”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

We spent the day at Lake George this past Saturday and decided to try the Adirondack Pub/Brewery for a late lunch. We were greeted warmly and asked if we prefer and indoor or outdoor table. We decided on an outdoor table and the hostess escorted us. The waitress was prompt and friendly. I ordered the Cheddar Bacon melt with their beer battered fries and my wife had a shaved steak sandwich with a horseradish dressing. Both meals were cooked perfectly (medium), very tasty and the fries were piping hot. I cannot comment on the brews as I did not drink any of them. After being disappointed by so many other restaurants in the area it is nice to find a place with good pub food.

• Visited May 2013
montreal
“The beers are not "easy-drinking"”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

My wife and I spent the weekend in Lake George, New York and decided to give The Adirondack Pub & Brewery a try. We were very well received by the sweetest hostess you could ever hope to meet. She told us that it would be a 30 minute wait so in the meantime we checked out the pub's gift shop. There were glasses, T-shirts, beer and growlers...etc ... When we got our table our immediate reaction was very positive. The decor was woodsy, of course and very inviting. Since our tummies were full from a previous meal at lunch we only ordered nachos which were the best we have ever tasted! But I think the biggest disappointment was the beer. It was not to our liking. I had the Bear Naked Ale and The Brown Ale and both seemed to disagree with me. My wife had "The Dirty Blond" and she didn't like hers either. We concluded that the beers tasted very "citrusey". They were not "easy-drinking" beers. Every sip seemed to be a chore. The next morning when I woke up, I couldn't stop burping. Next time I'll try the "Iroqouis Pale Ale" or "The Fat Scotsman". Maybe those will be more to my liking.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank gerry g
Sherrill, New York, United States
“Wish we had eaten here”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

After a miserable dinner at a different restaurant we decided to stop here for a drink. Much better atmosphere and could tell just by looking at others meals that it was better food. The atmosphere was excellent and the staff was very friendly. We both tried some of their homemade brews and loved them. Would definatley go back!!!

Visited April 2013
Clifton Park, NY
“Good beer and food in an Adirondack setting.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

Shopping at outlets sure can build up a thirst and hunger. So off to the closest brewpub in Lake George.

We both ordered pints of stout ($5 each) - oatmeal for her and imperial for me. Both were excellent. The imperial was just a bit sweeter and they were very different, but they both were full of flavors that lasted.

My wife ordered the Mountain Burger ($10.99) along with a cup of the soup of the day ($1.99 when added to the burger, otherwise $3.99). The Sirloin soup had huge chunks of tender and flavorful meat. Overall, a very satisfying soup. This burger is messy with sliced mushrooms, roasted red peppers, onions, lettuce, tomato, and provolone cheese, and the half-pound of ground beef has a great grilled flavor. The burger was served medium as requested and came with beer battered fries that were extra salty.

My burger was the Cheddar Bacon Melt ($9.99) had lots of bacon and that wonderful grilled flavor already mentioned. I ordered beer battered onion rings in place of the fries for an additional charge of $2.99. While I didn't think the rings were anything special, the chipotle sauce that came with them was the perfect touch. My request for a medium-rare preparation was noticeably more rare than my wife's medium burger.

Service was prompt, friendly and efficient. Overall, all good reasons for continuing to return.

• Visited April 2013