“Think John is getting tired.”
Review of Tired John's Barbeque Pit - CLOSED

Tired John's Barbeque Pit
Cuisines: Barbecue
Bloomingdale, New Jersey
“Think John is getting tired.”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I have gone to tired John's since I was a child and coming to the Lake George region with my parents. I am now 37 and thought I would take my new wife out to eat for the evening. I was disappointed that the same good restaurant that I remembered seems to have gone in the wrong direction. It seems that John has gotten tired and it is reflected in the service as well as the food that is served. There are better places to spend your hard earned money.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Richard G

“Closed for Alterations”
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Thankfully, it is closed and being renovated. Hope it gets transformed into something worthwhile.

Visited August 2011
Purling, New York
“More Like Disgusting Johns”
Reviewed December 29, 2010

We got there late on Saturday nite. When we pulled in we thought, looks a lil dumpy but often mom and pop places look a lil run down but the food is good. When we walked in I saw there was a waiting area so I thought if people were willing to wait this place must be good - WRONG! If you feel like spending 20 bucks a head on disgusting food this is the place for you. Not one thing on the buffet that was good. Cheap Iceberg lettuce, fatty nasty ribs that had no flavor at all. Mac and cheese? Ummm... macaroni with a mysterious yellow tasteless sauce. We went back to our hotel with our wallet and our tummies empty, I would definitely recommend this restaurant to someone I hated!

Buffalo NY
“Don't Go There”
Reviewed August 28, 2010

I don't usually write reviews but I thought this was necessary. My family of four couldn't decide where to go for dinner on a Saturday night. My son found this place and said some of the reviews on another site recommended it. Don't be fooled. It looks kind of dumpy but as someone else said that some good food comes from mom and pop places. NOT THIS ONE. We were going to get the bbq buffet and I asked a man and his wife who looked like they were done if the food was any good. The man said "so-so" and I looked at his plate and it was still full. They left as were getting up to the buffet. I went to get a biscuit and a large ant crawled out of them. I put my plate down, told my kids and husband that we were out of there. I told the waitress that we changed our mind and we were leaving. She apologized and the man from the back came out to take away the biscuits. I am glad we left.

Padova
“Average place with decent food”
Reviewed September 5, 2009

My family and I were lured by the advertized fixed price all-you-can-eat BBQ buffet and decided to step in for dinner. Trays with freshly cooked ribs arrived at the same time as us, but the overall appearance of the buffet made us steer clear from it. As a few tables were taken, and no customer appeared to be eating from the buffet, we decided to stay and opted for steaks with baked potato or fries. These were savoury and well-cooked. Service was quick and polite. Price was right for the food but maybe not for the place which seemed a bit run down.

In conclusion, we had a good dinner but avoided the buffet. I think that improvement of food presentation is mandatory to make this offer appealing.