“So So Salad Bar...Excellent Squash Soup”
Review of Log Jam Restaurant

Log Jam Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 165 Restaurants in Lake George
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 27, 2006

Had lunch at the Log Jam Restaurant. Wait staff very pleasant. Salad bar was average...nothing to brag about. But, the butternut squash soup was to die for! Excellent. My husband had the Southwestern Chicken sandwich and that was very good as well. Enjoyed the atmosphere in old log home with low ceilings and log beams. Dessert menu presented on a bow type stick - very clever. Would definately visit again and try dinner. Price was reasonable for a nice lunch.

4  Thank Elaine F
Write a ReviewReviews (1,424)

A TripAdvisor Member
Long Island, NY
Reviewed February 3, 2006

I have been going to Lake George for many years, always drove by the Log Jam, every year I kept saying that I wanted to try it. Until August of 2005, I finally did and boy did I regret not trying it sooner! After so many horrible meals in the Lake George region. It was a pleasure to dine at the Log Jam. We had a table of 6 we all had appetizers, soup salad bar, everyone ordered something different and everyone at the table enjoyed everything. Not one complaint. I loved the waiting area, with the cheese crackers and quaint tables to make your wait comfortable. It is a bit pricey, but if you are sick of the terrible restaurants in LG, with the horrible service and food with no flavor, the money is well spent. And for the record, this review is coming from an Executive Chef working on Long Island.

9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 21, 2005

Ok atmosphere. Slow service (like most places in the area). The salad bar was super fresh. But the prices were just too high to warrant a repeat visit. I’m used to inflated tourist prices in LG but the Log Jam were New York City prices. Out of our 6 nights of area restaurants my party (4 adults 4 kids) spent the most on dinner at the log-jam. We even spent less at the Sagamore!!!

3  Thank redfarb
Reviewed August 13, 2005

Initially concerned about the location and perhaps the decor, however once inside the service is friendly and good. We were in Lake George for a week and eat at a couple of "steak" restaurants, and we all agreed that this was the best steak we had.

Didn’t have to wait for a table, but we do eat late 7.30 - 8.00pm.

5  Thank varney
Reviewed August 10, 2005

the main reason we went there was so a bunch of us could get prime rib. well it turns out that our waitress had screwed up the sizes so i ended up getting something else and one of the people in our party got the prime rib and here it was like 10 times the size she had told me they were so we won't be dining there ever again.

4  Thank lilacmoon