“Fine relaxing sandwich/steak house with HUMONGO salad bar”
Review of Log Jam Restaurant

Log Jam Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 163 Restaurants in Lake George
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Burlington, Vermont
“Fine relaxing sandwich/steak house with HUMONGO salad bar”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Eaten here several times... always first head for the salad bar... it is GINORMOUS and fresh and well stocked. Eaten steaks, sandwiches, soups... all top notch.
Worst bummer about the place is the godawful traffic out front (it can literally take a half hour to travel the last mile to the place!) due to the neighboring outlet malls.

Albany, New York
“Satifyting meal”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

I went in on Memorial day for dinner and had a very nice meal. I was surprised on how large the restaurant is, but broken up into smaller rooms. I order the rib eye steak. With each meal you get the salad bar, a nice selection of green salad and potato and pasta, along with vegetables and toppings. The waiter was great and very professional, it's nice to have a pro instead of kids trying to serve. My rib eye was cooked to medium rare the way I ordered it. I didn't ask for the size, but was larger than I was expecting. They offered a nice fish selection also, for the next time I go there.

Vernon, Connecticut
“This is one of our favorite restaurants!”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

We make it a point to stop here every time we are in town. The biggest draw for me is that they have a salad bar. It is always well stocked and has a nice assortment of food (macaroni salad is great! )

We usually ask to sit in the "green room" side of the restaurant (lots of plants , green themed ) The other side has more of a lodge type feel to it so it is a little darker.

Service is consistently good and food is great. Highly recomend if you are in town !

The only recomendation I would have is during peak season to call ahead for a reservation. It can be hard to get in there during that time.

1 Thank VernonCT
Ocala, Florida
“Great Sandwich!”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

As a visitor to the area, I noticed The Log Jam while shopping. The outside of it is rustic and looked interesting so went in. It was after the lunch hour, about 2pm, so no waiting. The look inside is very unique. It's low key and a very relaxing atmosphere- great to break up a busy touring/shopping day. The menu had lots to choose from. I opted for a roast beef club, and it was delicious! The only thing I did not like was the iced tea--It was like mud- not real brewed iced tea (like I am used to being from the south!). Other than that, excellent!

Boston, Massachusetts
“Great Food”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

I went at 5pm, did not have to wait at all. I had the swordfish, it was grilled to perfection! The salad was fresh and good, even the bread was fresh and tasty.