“Great salad bar”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 7, 2014

The food and ambience are good but the salad bar is exceptional. The greens and fixings are very fresh and presented nicely.
There is also a good selection of beers on tap.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

My favorite thing about the Log Jam is it's colonial charm. I absolutely love sitting in the very rustic lounge/bar area in the winter with a fire roaring in the large stone hearth. The food is okay too. Actually this is a great place when you are in the mood for a salad bar. And I really enjoyed the stuffed mushroom caps.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We come here for the prime rib when we are in Lake George, it's the best ever and this visit did not disappoint. Service is excellent, great rustic decor and the food is very good. It is a bit pricey but for the atmosphere and prime rib it's worth it.

My wife had the 8oz prime rib @$23.00 with the included salad bar and mashed potato choice and I ordered the $37.00 16oz prime rib done to a perfect medium rare with mashed potatoes and salad bar also as well as a side of sauteed mushrooms @$3.50 and draft beer $6.00 so our bill came to $69.50 and with tax $74.37. Again, a bit pricey but we enjoyed our meal seated near the fireplace on a cold winter night.

We will definately return on our next trip to Lake George.

Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Despite living in NY for entire childhood I had never visited the Log Jam. We were home for the Holidays and decided to change that, and we're so glad we did. The food was great and the atmosphere too! I love the Adirondack feel. The salad bar was fresh with a great variety. Our only regret was not having enough time to go twice while we were home.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

It came highly recommended but I was disapointed in the meal. The salad bar had a good variety. All the vegetables were cut to small sizes.(I prefer this to "chunks"). However, the rest of the meal did not live up to the rave reviews that we got. An off night???

logjamrestaurant, General Manager at Log Jam Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2013

I am not sure what you were disappointed with, but if you would have let us know what you were not satisfied with we would have tried our best to accommodate you. Please always let us know if there are any issues while you are here. The last thing we want is anyone leaving here unhappy.