“Had fire. NOT OPEN! ”

George's Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 164 Restaurants in Lake George
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: George's Restaurant specializes in serving prime meats, seafood, poultry and fresh produce daily. We offer a full service salad bar along with a two house-made soup offering. Our service staff are friendly and knowledgeable. The decor is unique with hanging Tiffany style lamps in a beautiful log cabin setting. We invite you to come join us for a great experience! You'll be so glad you did.
Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

This was a very good steak place. Unfortunately they had a fire (back of restaurant). Unknown when or if they will reopen. I hope they do. I passed there this week so this is a true review.

1  Thank wanttofish

Reviewed July 24, 2014

Don't know how people could write a review for George's in July?????? They had a fire in April and haven't opened since????

7  Thank Symphony4789
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

My family and I make a point of visiting George's every summer we go to Lake George!! The food is amazing, especially the steak. They have a great, fresh salad bar and the servers and staff are always super friendly. My only recommendation is to make reservations! Weekend or week night, they are alway busy!

1  Thank Momof2boyz0004
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Best darn steaks and prime rib in the area and served exactly the way you order it. Perfect salad bar, baked potatoes and veggies with each meal. Wonderful desserts and coffee. Generous portions at a decent price...we will keep going back everytime we can!

Reviewed April 28, 2014

It's a quaint local place with charm. My boyfriend's mother lives in Lake George and we eat here when we visit her. They always get the prime rib which they rave about and I love the Chicken Cordon Blue. My son loves the hamburger and loves making his own salad at the salad bar. The salad bar is always fresh. Give it a try ... but make reservations because it gets busy!