“A nice place to eat”

George's Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 164 Restaurants in Lake George
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: George's Restaurant specializes in serving prime meats, seafood, poultry and fresh produce daily. We offer a full service salad bar along with a two house-made soup offering. Our service staff are friendly and knowledgeable. The decor is unique with hanging Tiffany style lamps in a beautiful log cabin setting. We invite you to come join us for a great experience! You'll be so glad you did.
Reviewed December 3, 2013

This place was recommended by a local shop owner & I was there with a large family group. Lots of good menu choices and all of the Tiffany style lights are beautiful, so I would say it has a very pleasing rustic atmosphere. My only complaint would be the Seafood Alfredo, which someone in our group ordered - there was WAY too much pasta for the amount of seafood, which was a reasonable amount, so it ended up being more like a very expensive mac & cheese dish. Other than that, everything was tasty.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

On our recent trip to Lake George we visited Georges for the 2nd time. Our first was last year and again we were impressed with the steak. We both enjoyed the prime rib that was on the special menu. It had to be about 1 1/2 inches thick and done to perfection. It had a little more fat in it than I would have liked but that made for a nice juicy steak. And the salad bar was good too. I've seen bigger with more choices on it, but in a way this had just enough to suit me. On a previous visit to Lake George we tried another steak house and Georges beats them hands down. We'll be back next year when we go.

Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

We went to George's on a busy Saturday night. After about a half-hour wait, we were seated. The service was very good, but at the prices they charge, the salad bar was disappointing (no romaine lettuce or bacon bits) and the meat tasted a bit like wood.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

I first ate here in June 2013, after looking for an off the beaten path place to eat in the Beach Road area. After hearing positive reviews about their food and early bird specials, my family, friends and I decided to check it out. We were not disappointed! The food was awesome. Their early bird specials are truly a fantastic deal. There is no way that you can leave George's hungry. The salad bar is to die for. The huge portions that they give you are unreal. When I went in June 2013, I ordered the sirloin, and it was fantastic. One of my friends ordered a lobster tail and sirloin, and he thoroughly enjoyed it. Almost four months later and he still raves about how excellent his dinner was that night. I just went there again on 10/4/13, and ordered the prime rib early bird special. It was the quality and size that you would expect at a wedding reception. The staff was very friendly and my dad and I even met the owner. He's a really nice guy. Both times I went, no reservation was required. George's is truly a great find, and it never disappoints. We will be back in June!

Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

Returned to georges for our 5th time of the season with a party of 8. (We have been coming her for 17 YEARS) this year seems to be better than the previous years. And we had found out on our last visit that this place was under new managment. Everytime we came to georges this year it had been a great experience. The salad bar has better options like fresh tomato and mozz salad the beef and broccoli salad is out of this world. The potato salad improved and the breads are out of this world. The waitstaff seems a little disoriented probably because there is some kind of uncertinty about the new management. Change is good!! New faces are good and new and creative food is good. We will return for many more years to come and hope to see new faces new food. Being a general manager from a ritz Carlton I know this will be a very successful restraunt for year to come. Keep up the good work.

Ps the prime rib is still amazing and the catfish is a dish I will eat everytime I come there thank you.

MR. AND MRS. Hammond