“one of the two best places to eat in LG”

George's Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 164 Restaurants in Lake George
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: George's Restaurant specializes in serving prime meats, seafood, poultry and fresh produce daily. We offer a full service salad bar along with a two house-made soup offering. Our service staff are friendly and knowledgeable. The decor is unique with hanging Tiffany style lamps in a beautiful log cabin setting. We invite you to come join us for a great experience! You'll be so glad you did.
Reviewed June 26, 2012

(the other being the Log Jam ). I visit Georges every time I go to lake george. The steaks are awesome , prime rib, and the chicken cordon bleu are my favs.....all too huge portions and the salad bar wears ya out before ya start lol! a must go when you visit LG, this wunderful log cabin restaurant should be on your list.

1  Thank thephoenixrisesagain
There are newer reviews for George's Restaurant

Reviewed June 24, 2012

We visit Lake George frequently and always like to try different restaurants when we're in town. This time we tried a few we liked and some that were disappointing, but one place we always make sure we stop by is George's.

At George's, we always know we're going to get a great meal and always leave satisfied. The prime rib is the best and the pork chops are delicious; both cooked perfectly.

You can always count on George's for a great meal. Prices are reasonable. Friendly staff, Early Bird Special. Reservations suggested since it can get very crowed.

1  Thank NY916
Reviewed June 23, 2012

I am a frequent visitor (9-10 times a year) at George's and every time I go I am happier than I was before! People always say, "You get what you pay for" and you do here. The prices may be a little (very little) high but the food is scrumptous!! There are "bus boys" and "bus girls" that are always picking up your plate when you are finished which is great because nobody wants to stare at a dirty plate. They work their butts off, I never see them standing still. The waitresses are friendly and the male bartender had an outstanding personailty. The salad bar person is always restocking and making sure there is full plates when guest walk away from there. The only down fall to this resturant is the hostess. Now, I know there are two that are always there, one is bright eyed, happy to see you and seat you and the other doesn't even say welcome to George's. Other than that this place is a must visit. It's off the beaten path but so worth it!

Even if you are not a steak person, the Chicken Marsala is to die for!!!

Keep up the good work guys!

1  Thank George A
Reviewed June 23, 2012

My boyfriend and I decided to try this restaurant we think was the one a friend of ours recommended. The staff was great and smilling all the time. Helped us out if we needed and made sure we enjoyed our food but weren't pushy and hovering over us like some places we've been to. My boyfriend odered the sea bass with crab and bearnaise sauce on a bed of asaparagus ( side order of garlic mashed potatoes and salad bar included)which he let me try and we both thought it was excellent. I had ordered the 8 oz lobster tail with the sirloin steak which I have to say they made my steak perfectly the way i wanted it ( medium-well). For once there's a place that does your steak perfectly to your taste and it wasn't just a fluke because the people next to us said the same! The lobster was great one of the best if not the best I've had yet!!! The salad bar tho I wasn't overly impressed. The price was a little higher than we would normally like to pay but otherwise it was a good experience. I don't know if we will go back die to the pricing though sorry :(

1  Thank StephanieM85
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I go to George's once or twice year, when I am in the mood for prime rib. A special treat, not an every day standby. I try and get there for the Early Bird special. I have always been satisfied with the quality of the food, including the salad bar. Service can vary depending on how crowded it gets. One of the few places to go in the Village for a really nice meal.

1  Thank BUCHYNDA