“Good time.”

O'Connor's Resort Cottages
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lake George
O'Connor's Resort Cottages
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We had a wonderful time at O'Connor's. Our cottage had a brand new deck with a picnic table and a bbq. The beach was beautiful as well. The kids played on the playground and played lots of miniture golf. The cottage was outdated in decor but SPOTLESS!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank corley4

Reviewed August 24, 2012

I had stayed at O'Connor's back in 2000, and I liked it then. After many years, my husband and I returned to the Lake George area for a few nights in August 2012, and we chose to stay at O'Connor's again. This resort is even better now. They've added free Wi-Fi service, and a lovely patio area near their beach that has several picnic tables, some with umbrellas. They've upgraded/added decks to their cottages, and I understand they have added flat-screen TVs to the cottages. We did not stay in a cottage; we stayed in their 4-unit motel efficiency building, called the Terrace. We didn't have a flat-screen TV in our room, but that didn't bother us. The TV that was there was fine, although it will be nicer when they finally change the Terrace building's TVs over to flat-screens. Unfortunately, the Wi-Fi did not work in our room, but it was fine if we took the iPad down to the beach area and sat there.

This resort is about 2.5 miles north of Lake George Village, and the property has its own private beach on the lake. We find this location to be very convenient. It's about a one-minute drive or less (go north on 9N) to the Lone Bull Restaurant and the Stable Gate Deli across the street from the Lone Bull.

There is a phone in each room. Our cell phones didn't work anywhere north of Lake George Village. We have T-Mobile service, and someone told us that T-Mobile never added cell towers to the Lake George area. Apparently, if you have Verizon or AT&T, your cell phone will work, but don't take my word for it. This is what someone I met in the area told me.

Our room was very clean, and the maid came by each day to sweep away any spiderwebs that may have accumulated outside the building. (You're in a very woodsy area here.) You don't get maid service inside - these are "housekeeping units". (I understood that from the start, so it didn't bother me.) Your bed does not get made unless you make it. You take your own bag of trash outside to the covered trash bins, and if you use anything from the well-stocked kitchen area of your unit, you wash the items. They provide the dishcloth & dish rack, but you need to bring your own dish soap.
There is a kitchen table in the room, that we found very adequately-sized for our needs.

The kitchen items, when you first arrive, are all wrapped up in heavy-duty plastic, to let you know they are clean. I'm guessing the resort has a service that does this for them. They provide you with kitchen towels, oven mitt, dishes, glasses, silverware, a spatula, cutting board, chopping knife, pots and pans, a microwave, fridge, stovetop (no oven), coffemaker and a toaster. (The toaster was also wrapped up in the heavy duty plastic, which I found quite amusing!) Everything, as I said, was very clean.
I suggest bringing a can opener if you'll need it, as we didn't have one in the room.

We grilled some chicken while we were there, and realized beforehand that there weren't any steak knives provided in the room. We made a grocery run to the Target at Aviation Mall, and there we were able to buy a set of 4 very decent steak knives for $4.00. Not bad!

You get instant hot water in the rooms, which is great! Never had a problem with the shower. The bathroom is tiny, but the vanity sink is just outside of it.
They provide decent towels and washcloths; you only need to bring your own beach towel.
You can exchange the bath towels at the office each day.

By the way, the property here is large and beautiful, and the view of Lake George and the mountains from their beach is wonderful! There is also a lovely, rushing stream that runs through the property. Just be forewarned; the property is hilly and it is steep! Even walking downhill, it was a bit of a challenge for me not to trip while walking in a particularly steep area. Walking up the hill from the lake was difficult but not impossible, and I did it several times each day. Someone who has breathing or walking issues may not be able to take on the hill.

There are both gas and charcoal grills outside each cabin and outside the building that we stayed in. My husband was thrilled with this, and he barbecued dinner for us every night! (The weather co-operated, thank goodness!) Our building also had a long porch (with chairs) that runs past the doors to each of the 4 rooms.

My husband had one complaint - he found the bed very uncomfortable. I had no problem with the bed itself; it was my husband's tossing & turning that bothered me! The room was quiet at night, but I cannot say if the walls are thin, because we had an end unit and there was no one staying in the room next door while we were there.
While we were there, we asked at the office for a couple of items (more pillows and a small propane tank for the grill). These items were provided to us promptly. There are workers who ride around the hilly property on golf carts, so you can always ask them, as well, if you need something.
There were a couple of minor issues with the room, which I told the owner about when I left.
Hopefully he has addressed them for the next guests.
All in all, we were happy staying at O'Connor's, and we will be going back there next time we visit Lake George!

Room Tip: Only a maximum of 2 people are allowed to stay in each of the Terrace Building units, where we staye...