“Great Place to Stay especially Families”

Cramers Point Motel & Cottages
Ranked #54 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We are staying in unit 19 which is a 1 bedroom with Kitchen and a pullout sofa and Futon
We love it here you really get the feeling of being away your not on the main strip but 5 min drive away - which we prefer as I want to feel that I am not staying in a touristy spot - The grounds are well kept and you feel right at home I am picky but let me tell you depending on your fam size you can find a nice cottage with lake access playgrounds and pools whats better oh and your own barbq in front of your home....its perfect if you want your privacy as well as safety for your kids to roam and play with others and your own parking spot near your cottage for free. This is perfect for especially city folks that want to get away and have your little home away from home you can not beat the price. We will def come back So you can come with some snack shop for your meals and cook here eat outside your cottage table umbrella provided its so nice here We drove around others and we are so happy with our pick !!! Safety as only reserved residents are allowed as well greenery and the smell of fresh air whats better and if you want to go into town you can as well
There are also groups of couples as well so its an all around great place !!

Room Tip: Walmart is close as well as the village etc units 15 16 17 18 19 are smack in front of pool 19 tails...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank rosal777
There are newer reviews for Cramers Point Motel & Cottages

Reviewed July 11, 2013

I traveled from NYC to Lake George with a friend for the Fourth of July. Friends of ours were staying at Cramers Point for a few days. I had tried to book there too, but couldn't get a room for just the one nigh of July 4. On the 4th my friend and I stopped by to visit our friends who were staying there with the idea of joining them for a BBQ that they had invited us to. When we arrived the manager asked who we were and why were there. It felt like an interrogation. She basically threw a fit and belittled our friends who were the paying guests because we had not been 'registered' with the office before hand and we're not allowed on the property because we weren't staying there. She was all hung up on procedure and asked my friends for 'an apology' for not letting her know friends were stopping by. Rules fine, but there was a total lack of communication skills and customer service. We might have been potential customers had she handled the situation differently, but I'd never consider staying there after this experience given her hostile and whole 'put upon' attitude. We remained cool and in spite of the fit she was having and went to a nice dinner down the road. As I walked through the property I wouldn't have wanted to stay there anyway as it was very cramped and outdated. Everything was too close - cabins, poach, grill, swimming pool and hardly no room in between them. Her husband came out afterward and seemed embarrassed by her behavior as he witness her storming off after not getting her requested apology. Anyway, who asked guests for apologies? She should have been the one making one. Anyway, he was not helpful either and seemed afraid to counter wife. Sad, ridiculous and a completely disappointing experience.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
8  Thank dfonyc
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My family stayed here for the Balloon Festival. We loved it. It was a great family friendly place. The room included an apartment size refridge and microwave. Two beds, very comfortable and super clean. The grounds included a fire pit with wood provided by the owners. A BBQ grill for each room and two playgrounds for the children. My sons had run playing basketball. It was a very quite place!! I give this place TWO thumbs up!!!

We will be back again!!!

Room Tip: In the off season they offer half price rooms!!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank shortyblazers23
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Frank and Marion continue to amaze me by providing a lovely place to stay. Their children are amazing......hardworking and always willing to be of help. I know some other reviews have commented about some bugs that they may find on the deck at night, but I think they have are not really giving this place a fair review. Cramer's is a great family place...They have something for everyone..Children do become bored after a while, but this is true of any extended family trip......The heated pool is great..

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Rod C
Reviewed August 21, 2012

This is our 3rd consecutive year coming to Cramers Point and we love it! The cabin that we stayed at was clean and the kitchen was equipped with all utensils needed. Also you have your own BBQ to use so we loved the fact that we didn't have to go out to eat since everything we needed was there. Our children who are 8 years old and 19 months really enjoyed the North pool which is heated and always kept clean. It was hard getting my daughter out of the pool because she loved it so much. Also what is really great is you have access to the beach which was a short walk from our cabin and they have two row boats and canoe free to use. At night we would sit by the bonfire and make smore's. Frank and Marion the owners who are always there if you need anything are wonderful and very kind. Our family can't wait for next summer to come back to Cramers. It's definitely a great place for families or couples who want to have a nice relaxing vacation by the lake. We recommend Cramers Point to all of our friends.

Room Tip: Rooms by the North pool are great if you have kids, because you are right by the pool, swing set and...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Maria I
Reviewed August 9, 2012

My family and I had a great time here!

There are two pools, playsets, hammocks, horseshoes, volleyball net, table tennis, many ride-on toddler toys, a basketball hop, bonfire, boats to borrow and a beautiful beach. It is a short walk to the beach and while it is a little steep of an incline, it was no problem for our family (even the young children). The beach area is sandy and very peaceful. We skipped the beach in town and stayed at this one:)

We were very pleased here:)

Our only complaint is the cigarette smoke smell. We saw many people smoking in their rooms. Our room did not smell, but I am sure the rooms that people were smoking in smelled. We plan to stay here again in the future but will have to make sure we get a smoke-free room.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Monkeyfeetx2
Reviewed August 4, 2012

My family had a great time staying in the house. My kids didnt even want to leave cause of the pool. This is a great place to go with kids because they would never get bored. You do not even have to go any where. Because everything is right there to have fun even the beach. Thanks for having us can't wait till next summer.

• Stayed: July 2012
Golden Sands Resort on Lake George
Blue Lagoon Resort
Blue Lagoon Resort
#1 of 5 in Diamond Point

Been to Cramers Point Motel & Cottages? Share your experiences!