“Fun walk through History”

The Fort William Henry Museum & Restoration
Ranked #4 of 51 things to do in Lake George
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Fort William Henry Museum and Reconstruction is located on the site of the original French and Indian War fort at the south shore of Lake George. Experience how the soldiers fought and died at this wilderness outpost and learn the REAL history behind the surrender and massacre made famous by James Fennimore Cooper's, "Last of the Mohicans". Cannon and musket demonstrations at 10am, 12, 2, 4pm daily. Free admission to active duty military, veterans, police and firefighters with ID. Open May - October.
Douglasville, Georgia
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Fun walk through History”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Living in the South I am used to seeing Spanish style forts or Civil war Forts. It had been a long time since I had seen a frontier fort and this one did not disappoint. I thought the guides did an excellent job discussing the uniforms and life in and outside the fort. The firearm and cannon demonstration was a lot of fun. After that guided part was over we wandered the museums, and took some good pictures of the Lake George area. I thought the gift shop at the end had a nice selection of products for all ages.

They are currently building a distillery in the Press Room. We will probably return to check that out when we return to Lake George. Fee was normal for this type of Historical Fort and they do take AAA discounts.

putnam county
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Ghost Tour at Fort William Henry-SAW GHOSTS * ORBS”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Husband and I took the ghost tour this past weekend
trip was unusual, and they took us into the under gorund bunkers

we saw and felt orbs and the same green ball is in every picture sometimes several

I thought they were full of mularky-but when we actually were touched on the face-we knew it was for real
i have photographic eveidence

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Adult Ghost Tour”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We enjoyed the adult ghost tour at Fort William Henry. It started off disorganized, and hot, the AC is not on after hours! Once we got started it was interested. The guides try to get you engaged in Ghost hunting by sharing past experiences that have been documented. We photographed several orbs during our tour. The best advice is to pick a spot and take multiply photos with a flash and look for the changes in each shot.

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Need to be more serious”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I was looking forward to the ghost tour but was quickly dissapointed. They had these 2 girls who said they were "sensative" but omg they wouldn't stop talking during quiet moment in the dark they wouldn't stop saying " oh stop pinching me" it was ridiculous. When it's dark it suppose to be quiet and we listen for EVP not 2 girls acting stupid. I got to take some good picture of orbs that the only good part. Unless they take it more seriously I wouldn't recommand.

Warrensburg, New York, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fort William Henry Ghost tour...9PM”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

My husband and I participated in this tour with our adolescent children. The total cost was approx 70.00. It was terrible. From the beginning it was unorganized, and the tour guides appeared to be at odds. One of our guides was a self proclaimed "sensitive". Her partner was a young woman with dark hair. They spent the majority of the tour, yelling and swearing about how they were being pinched and touched. They spent much time huddled, whispering and excluding the tour participants.I was so annoyed, I left before it was over. I have been on many ghost tours, and have never experienced such an unprofessional mess. Dont waste your time.

2 Thank Wendy H