“Good, but could use some updates.”

House of Frankenstein Wax Museum
Ranked #10 of 51 things to do in Lake George
Reviewed July 13, 2014

I visited this attraction this past Saturday mainly for the nostalgia because my family and I used to visit Lake George every year but kinda just stopped after a while. I like House of Frankenstein, it's fun to do at least once when you're in the area. While I don't think that it's as bad as some people seem to think, I will contend that it's not perfect either. It is a non-traditional wax museum where you walk through dark hallways and look at wax figures through windows, some of which move either on their own or with the push of a button. Some of the button activated ones take a few minutes to get going so you'll need to be patient if you want to see everything. They have employees who kinda stand in the hallway at a distance while your looking at the wax figures (to make sure guests don't hurt themselves or do something they're not supposed to I guess lol), but they don't rush you which is good. It's kinda cheesy, but in a fun way. I will though that I would not recommend this for really young children due to the fact that on top of very dark hallways, some of the scenes are pretty intense and really young kids may not be able to handle that too well. They do have signs in the lobby that warn you about that though. The prices aren't too bad but could be a little lower, $9.00 for adults and $6.00 for children/students I believe. The wax figures themselves are pretty cool for the most part in my opinion, but could use some updates as most of them are pretty old. Frankenstein himself will stand outside of the building to greet people from time to time so be sure to hi to him and get a picture! It's really not too scary for adults, but probably will be for young children. Overall it's a fun little attraction that you should try at least once.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

I get this is a haunted house but it would have been nice to see the wax caricatures to appreciate them. Some of the scenes were in very poor taste, torture chambers and one where someone looked like they were being electrocuted. Not for young ones at all.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Not too expensive but not great either. Kinda silly, good for 6 to 12 years of age. Not good for youngins or older kids or adults. Don't expect too much. Not terrible but not worth the cost as far as I am concerned.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

My husband and I took our 9 year old daughter into the Wax museum. She was too afraid to try the other attraction - Dr. Morbid's Haunted House so we did the Wax Museum instead.

The place is old and dark. The exhibits have to be at least 20 years old, if not older. You basically cannot see where you are walking -just feel your way along and peer into dark windows to see the exhibits. My daughter was a little scared - so it is probably ok for kids, but adults, don't waste your money.

They need to update it and add some newer exhibits - the newest "monsters" in there were Jason and Freddy Kreuger and they aren't exactly cutting edge. Wouldn't waste my time going back.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

Been going here for 19 straight years and always stop in! Such a cool display of the Universal Monsters and new horror characters as well. Even though most of the displays are the same its very cool to walk through