“Spend Your $ Somewhere Else”
Review of Magic Forest

Magic Forest
Ranked #8 of 51 things to do in Lake George
More attraction details
Owner description: A family fun park, in the Adirondacks, that features 25 amusement rides, including the Safari Ride, plus live animal performances, magic shows and the ever-popular "Rex the Diving Horse."
Reviewed July 11, 2010

Outdated, creepy, making a horse climb an enclosed ramp (wonder why it's enclosed) & then making it dive of a diving board..... Attempts have been made to shut this act down. Spend your money on other attractions in the area..

9  Thank BuggyBoarder

Reviewed June 28, 2010

- Admission into Lake George's 'Magic Forest'..... $15 per person

- The therapist co-pays I will now be paying to deal with repressed creepy flashbacks from the same park during my childhood.....$20 per visit

- Passing the same confusion onto to your own kids to keep the dysfunctional cycle going....PRICELESS!!!

I think this pretty much sums it up. This attraction is more 'museum' than modern amusement park. If your parents brought you here as a child, and their parents did the same for them, it is a 'must do'. Conversely, if you are not here for the nostalgia, you are probably going to be a 'basher'.
Belonging to the former, I brought my 5 year old daughter here to punch her card. She absolutely loved it. The rides were just right for her. There were no lines. And the setting in the pines was a welcome change from shadeless. I will say that it was quite shocking to compare and contrast the modern attractions we have today, to what passed as entertainment in the early 70's. It was literally like a walked into a time warp!!!! As such, I will admit there was a lot of creepy life-sized fiberglass statues from classic childrens stories and songs....Little Red Ridinghood, Three Pigs, Etc. Think Disney 'Jungle Cruise', but on a much smaller, non-automated scale. There was also some relics of 'Political Incorrectness' still on display....Cowboys and Indians, Dark Skinned 'Natives' as cannibals, etc.

The good...Everything was very clean (I saw the ride attendants sweeping and cleaning during slower times). The prices were reasonable for food and in the gift shop.

The final verdict...If you have small kids and you enjoy 'Americana' then you will appreciate Magic Forest. Just try to keep an open mind and look at it as a hands on museum and a glimpse into childhoods past.

3  Thank KJW4176
Reviewed June 3, 2010

I have lived in this area my whole life and somehow avoided ever going to Magic Forest. Today, however, I did end up joining my 5 year old and his pre-school class to a place stuck in the 1950's (or older!) They advertise that it is for the 10 and under age group but I would safely advise not taking anyone over 7 or 8 to that place. Besides the rides being soooo old and very questionable as far as safety, they all do just about the same thing.....go around in circles. They say they have the only diving horse in the nation and fortunately it was closed today, otherwise I would have had a very hard time watching a poor horse being pushed (?) off of a platform into a pool! They have some live animals, mostly goats and no reindeer any longer. The cost is $15 for children and $17 for adults. WHY????? Most of the rides are too small for an adult to ride along so the adults stand around mostly and try not to get too dizzy watching the kids going around and around. There are so many better things to do in our area, many of them free. Do not bother with this place.

5  Thank saepv98
Reviewed May 4, 2010

A safety violation because on an employee did not check seat belts nearly caused a death in my family.....luckily my family noticed the issue before the ride was in full motion,,, when managemnt was notified, they did nothing about this and threatened to throw my family out of the park because nothing was done to fix the problem with the employee..............IF YOU WANT TO KEEP YOUR FAMILY ALIVE DO NOT GO TO THE AMUSEMENT PARK

7  Thank bri12071fdny
Reviewed August 26, 2009

We have come here every year we go to LG. My kids love this place. It is designed for THEM, which makes it cool. I remember that my parents used to take us here, and it is still the same: GREAT PLACE FOR KIDS. The staff is VERY FRIENDLY. As soon as we walk into the ticket house, the person behind the counter greets you very warmly. The ride operators are also very friendly.
Use the summer special they have: Buy a full priced ticket anytime after 3:00pm(they close at 5:00pm), and come back the next day, all day, included.

2  Thank rpach10115