“Noisy and overcrowded”

Lake George Escape Campground
“Noisy and overcrowded”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Our first impression of this campground was how incredibly overcrowded it was, and how close together the sites were. When we got to our site by the frog pond things seemed better, until we saw that there were bits of garbage everywhere, and we did not have a firepit. Also, the area down to the pond had not been mowed so we could not get to the shore. All these could be forgiven, until we learned that there was extremely loud music at the camp grill every night until 11pm. When I go camping I don't expect it to be at a disco. The bathrooms were always dirty, and occasionally lacking toilet paper, and the garbage bins were almost always overflowing. Thi could be a great campground, but the noise and the overall lack of cleanliness will keep me from coming back.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Plattekill, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

My campsite was #804 right next to a bathroom and laundry buildings. Noticed several times all day every day the cleaning crew was there cleaning the bathrooms and showers. That was impressive. Yet they wouldn't clean out the cigarette butt can full of garbage. The dumpsters were nearby with some litter scattered around them. Even after employees were by the dumpsters, the litter was not picked up. Strange there was no recycle bins. An employee stated to a fellow camper we don't recycle here.

This is the first campsite I had to deal with mosquitoes all day long. There was some litter around my site. I think we were near an important intersection because there was constant foot and vehicle traffic. Every night we had to hear the camp DJ til 10PM and one night til 11PM. No way to hear my own music. A big black septic tank truck drove by all day long starting at 8AM. Kids ride their bikes at night with no lights. When driving in the campground, people seem to blindly walk in front of or behind your vehicle when backing out of a parking spot. Felt like I was in "Walking Dead" show. There were campsites by a septic storage area that did smell. Brought that up in support of another review here.

I would say if you enjoy action at your campground then this is most likely the best place to go. They have a bar and grill, tubing, lots of activities and shuttle to the village. I figure a good kid place to go. Older couples with no kids

Room Tip: Avoid river sites this year. Schroon River is running high and fast this year. The river area has al...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

We had site number 518. Right across from the septic pumping station and the truck starts pumping at 8 am and comes back every two hours all day. We had smoke and crap smell in our site all day. When I went to the desk the girl was very rude and said if you don't like it you can just move. Well when your towing a trailer and setting up you don't want to do it again. The pond behind our site smelled like sewage to. I asked the truck driver and he told me sometimes the septic overflows into it. I'm also posting a video. Please watch and take the warning. Don't stay there.

5 Thank tommyc1972
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

My husband and I were very excited to visit this campground because of its rating. Upon our arrival at site #661 we had to clean up broken glass and several pieces of trash. We didn't notify the office since we thought maybe it was just an oversight on behalf of the cleaning staff. However, during our stay we walked each day only to observe dumpsters overflowing as well as trash along the road sides and in several sites. It is a shame because the resort probably was once a nice place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank ggarrow
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

First impression of our log cabin were not good. The wood on the outside of the "trailer" was rotting in sections toward the back. Definitely needed some obvious attention. Once we opened the door it was a different story. The trailer was clean which was nice.
We called for someone to repair a smoke alarm and Mel the maintenance man responded, fixed the problem, was pleasant and gave us a few logs for the fire which were left over from someone else.Thoughtful.The A.C. worked great. My mom who was staying in a smaller unit said her A.C. wasn't cold enough. I cleaned the dirty filter which took care of that. There are lots of activites to keep the kids busy all day. I am glad I brought the bikes. We used them alot. I enjoyed riding around the area. We made a fire every night and made smores which was a nice way to end the evening. The mosquitoes were horrible. No doubt from all the rain the week before. I will be investing in a mosquitoe tent before the next trip. Overall I liked the place. The pools need a little attention-repair and cleaning. But you have to keep in mind that your not staying at a hilton. See you in December Mel. Thanks for being such an inspiration around the holidays.

Saratoga Springs, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

My husband and I were looking forward to this trip so much. The website looked wonderful. We arrived got at our site. Smelt awful..like something died. Then delt with our neighbors who were incredibly disrespectful. We dealt with there yappie dog who was left unattended since 11am-8pm in the hot heat with no water. Security came out gave him water and left. They played loud music all night and unfourtnely this situation occured until we left. We will never ever return. If you want a nice relaxing private place this is certainly not it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank heather s
Toms River, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

had a few problems with this campground from the start. if you call there service number to book your trip they have poor communication with the campground any special request you make and is promised to you may not be given once you get to the campground. my other complaint was for 2 hours they continued to send me to campsites that already had campers on them. finally i asked for a refund and went to another campground. the campground its self looked alright . there were a lot of flooded campsites however from what i saw. i wont waste anymore time going back to this campground myself.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family