“"Awesome, family fun"”

Lake George Escape Campground
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We just got back from a five day stay at the resort. Staff was friendly and the capmground was clean. We have 2 children (9 and 7) and they had a blast. Great flat area to ride bike and the pool was great. The wagon rides they have each night (free) were a blast. We got on a wagon that seats about 25 people and rode around the park listening to music and greeting campers. It is a very busy resort with plenty to keep kids entertained. We were a little nervous about the sites being so close together but it worked out fine because everyone was friendly. We would go back again. - South Otselic, NY

3  Thank RugerSouthOtselic_NY

Reviewed August 18, 2012

My family and I go camping a lot, to different places , and we thought visiting lake George would be great . We stayed in this camp ground years ago and had a wonderful time . This time we went we left a day early because it was horrible . no security , staff are rude and unwelcoming. I got there at 12:40 and the lady wouldn't check me in until 1 and made me wait because she said " she doesn't like checking anyone in early " I told her we had just been driving for 4 hours and we are only 20 mins early but she didn't care we had to wait and there were 2 cars full of people and we rented 2 sites . When we were finally able to check in the sites were never cleaned and there was a pile of trash in our fire pit. The bathrooms were horribly dirty with no toilet paper. The showers were gross . There was dirt on the floors and 2 out of the 4 showers close to us were broken . laundry was a joke . I did 2 washes and had to be refunded for them because they didn't work and i had to put the wash in another washer because they never washed and one washing machine leaked water all over the floor . The dryer took $1.50 to dry 4 towels . I had to hang the rest on the line .The machines are about 30 years old too. The pools are very old and horrible. The lining of the pools are separating from the sides and the water was dirty and cloudy. We only used the pool once for not even an hour . It was nasty . They also didn't have security and people partied until almost 3am . When it says quite time is at 10 pm and 11 on weekends . Also the golf carts are insane my son was almost run off the road while he was walking to the bathroom because of the kids driving there parents golf carts without a drivers licence and no security to stop them. We will never go back to this campground again, and we will tell everyone not to waste there money here . It is old and dirty and very unfriendly , also garbage is everywhere in the streets and on the sites its nasty .

5  Thank Dina B
Reviewed August 17, 2012

My family of four just returned from a very impressive visit to this resort. Upon our arrival we were greeted by a very friendly staff member who gave us a quick orientation. We rented a 34 foot cabin and were thrilled to find that it was actually one of their large mobile-home style units, which was extremely clean and well cared for. This unit had a very cool loft upstairs which was perfect for our two children - ages 7 and 9 (one twin and one full-sized mattress on the floor). Cable TV, full kitchen and bath, private bedroom with queen bed and large living area - we were very comfortable. Lots of storage space for clothes, etc. The beds were very clean and surprising comfortable. The kitchen was truly fully equipped - microwave, toaster, coffee maker (with filters), dish soap and sponge, drying rack, pots and pans, paper towels, plates, bowls, silverware, cups, mugs, pot holders and even wine glasses. Oh - and a broom, dust pan, mop and bucket! The bathroom has toilet paper. The web site doesn't detail all of this, and it would have been helpful to know as we brought a lot of supplies with us that we could have left at home.

The clientele at this resort is primarily families. It was very quiet - at no time did I hear any loud partying and music. Lots of kids riding around on bicycles. Good, clean family fun.

I was also impressed with the staff who were very helpful and professional. We took advantage of a couple of the many offered activities - tubing down the river ($8 per person) and swimming in one of the two in ground pools (free). They also have a nice playground, baseball diamond, shuffleboard, basketball and tennis courts.

We had a wonderful time and I highly recommend this resort for families, couples, or anyone looking for a great outdoor experience.

3  Thank radbirdz
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We went to the Lake George Escape Camping Resort for a long weekend from August 9 till August 12. We arrived at the camp at around 6:30 in the evening and were greeted at the gate by a friendly Security guard. We registered and went to the site assigned to us with our RV. When we got there, the site was already occupied....by a TENT. There was a tent on a site that was supposed to accommodate our 35+ foot motor home. We went back to the registration desk and let them know our problem. There, they denied that there was someone on the site and told us that there none others available on the river like that one. It took about 15 minutes for us to convince them to send someone to the site to find out information and why they were on that site. The staff did not seem concerned about the fact that we did not have a site to park on and they certainly did not care that we were sitting IDLE in the pouring rain. At one point, a young man who worked at the desk piped in and said "we are sorry that we can't help you, we only have one security guard on duty to find out information and he is busy right now." Working in a resort myself and knowing the world of customer service inside and out, I could have flipped out. I know he just said that because they were in a really crappy situation, but I never would have said it like that. The staff tried to pull us into an issue that should have been between a security guard and the tenters occupying the site! At 7:30, the lone security guard finally freed up enough time to go out to the site and find out what was going on. It turns out that the resort had messed up the reservation for the other party and had overbooked. In the end, we talked to the other people when the came to the registration desk (who were really nice ) and decided that we would take a different site. The staff ended up giving us a far inferior site on the "pond" which wasn't actually a pond site because we couldn't see the pond!
We were also bothered by the security at night. They bugged us close to 5 times because we were supposedly being too loud. We were talking (no, we weren't yelling, laughing, or being belligerent) at a more than reasonable level but they just would not leave us alone. Not that it would have mattered if we were being loud, the only people that were sleeping around our camp were people that we knew, and they did not say anything about us being loud when they woke up! All in all, our experiences with the staff at the resort were not great and I would not say the grounds are not impeccable either. For $85 dollars per night, you can go to the Lake George RV Park, get first class service, they have paved roads (not cattle paths) and they have beautiful grounds.

Room Tip: Be sure to call and confirm your reservation days before, their reservation system overlaps so if yo...
5  Thank Evan W
Reviewed August 13, 2012

If you have kids this is the place to go.we stayed a week on a river site,could not swim from there but every site is not the same,We did alot of fishing.If you like action stay out front if you want less noise camp further back.Do your research.There is so much to do,The staff was great.can't complain about the bathrooms being a little dirty(your camping)everyone's a little dirty.pools were nice.teens love the dj.and the prices in the stores were what to be expected.dunks and mc d is close and walmart is 15 min away.village is 1 exit down.We were 2 adults 11 year old girl and a 13 yo boy.we hardley saw the kids and even after quiet time we had a fire and they were cool with that.The rules state all kids have bike helmets but nobody wore them.I saw no prob in that .bikes were faster than any car 3 mph for cars also that electric scooter is ok too.I saw plenty of kids riding them.if you have a golf cart thats cool too. We are going back next year.We had fun! Joe Northwood New Hampshire

1  Thank joe g
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I have only one word to describe our experience at the lake george escape camping resort: AMAZING!!! We stayed in a tent, the sites are huge, clean and you can get either sun or shadow...I guess it is a matter of talking to the receptionist as to what you prefer. I admit that when we checked in the receptionist was having a really bad day, she was not very polite and didn't even say hi to greet us. But she was the ONLY mean person...every other time I went to the reception they went above and beyond to help and answer my questions. I called to make the reservation and they respected the rate and had already chosen a site that was convenient for my family (I had mentioned that I was travelling with a crawling baby and I needed to be a bit far from the water and as close as possible to a real bathroom) I found the bathrooms and showers were really clean and had hot water, you could see the staff pretty often passing to do the cleaning. They have the portable potty bathrooms in case you don't wanna walk. Yes, they are disgusting (as they normally are) but you can walk a bit and problem solved!!The pools were nice, warm and clean. They have many activities: there was a really amazing band playing on a Saturday night and there was a dj every night, they offer a wagon ride, pedal karts and tubing, all of them are lots of fun for the entire family! They also offer a shuttle running very hour to and from the village and the great escape (they even have car seats for babies and booster seats for young children) I liked that people were very respectful and kids were biking all around as if it were their backyard (my daugther will surely be bringing her bike next year). At night, we had the fire going until passed the curfew and nobody said anything...I guess because we didn't make noise nor bother anybody. So, it is great for families who like action, music and activities. If you want quite and peaceful all day...I am not sure it is the right place for you! Needless to say that we are going back next year, and we will be bringing more people!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank vivivep
Reviewed August 4, 2012

We camped for 9 days in an RV site close to entrance

Pros. Large campground. Good for bike riding
Close to Lake George
Bar at pool
Well appointed store reasonable prices
Immediate service when we had trouble with hookups

Cons. Sloppy reservation system. Friends we camped with had their reservation messed up and not in the trailer they booked. Person had allergies and was put in a pet friendly cabin. So specify if you want pet-free!

Pool is worn and outdated and way too small for size of campground

Loud and rules not enforced. Had several people driving opposite down our one way road. Loud parties multiple cars per site. Very loud helicopter rides on weekends

My father got overcharged by $200 for his stay. They refunded but they seem to have sloppy accounting so pay attention.

Overall: could be a great campground with a pool upgrade and new management that enforced rules and had a handle on the front office/reservations

• Stayed: August 2012