See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 14, 2016 via mobile

It's easy to see that this place was once a great family resort. But today it's sadly outdated and poorly kept. As soon as we arrived we could tell from the bumpy drive that there were problems. Entering our room was even worse. The room smelled really musty and unused. The carpet was damp. The sink faucet was broken and the tub faucet required super human strength to operate. The shower only offered luke warm water throughout our visit. We had some good meals in the dining room but the menu was outdated (i.e. Wax beans as a side, tuna plate with cottage cheese?) Our five year old was most excited to swim and the indoor pool was a huge disappointment - the area was very dirty with cobwebs and spiders and it smelled horrible. I understand that the weather has been humid but this was beyond what a little humidity would cause. The outdoor poor area could also use some TLC. Before we checked out my husband put all of our bags except the fridge items in the car. When we went back for them the housekeeper was already working on our room and she was just about to throw out things away. Luckily we intercepted but where is the communication? Why is she working on the room before we were officially checked out? Overall, the visit was a disappointment and others in our group felt the same way. I don't believe the organizer will be using this resort again. With an update and some better processes I'm sure this could a great play to stay considering its proximity to the downtown Lake George area.

Stayed: August 2016, traveled with family
3  Thank Stacey B
Reviewed August 2, 2016

Avoid the potholes driving up to this place, don't look at the wallpaper falling off the walls and ignore the dirty ceiling. Has a new rug though, I guess that's what they meant by newly renovated. No refrigerator, no alarm clock or hairdryer. Paint is peeling off the doors to some rooms. Would not recommend. Spend your $150 a night on a somewhere else.

5  Thank 8,771,234
Reviewed August 1, 2016

We booked this place last minute as we had leave the nightmare of Legends Inn. This pace was descent, the room was clean and the staff was friendly. It was nice and quiet and only a four minute drive to lake George village. The decor was old and could use a much needed update. The pool area was nice and the grounds are lovely. Overall a descent place for the price.

Reviewed July 31, 2016

I have been in all kinds of hotels, from the Ritz in Paris to a Super 8 along an Interstate. Roaring Ranch is now my favorite economically priced place to stay in the region. It is huge, with tennis courts, swimming pools, horseback riding (my granddaughter was thrilled with her ride) but yet it does not seem huge, with nicely spaced cabin groupings. Our room was clean and comfortable and the window facing the woods opened to let the wonderfully fresh air in. We had two queens and a sofa, with a dresser with a good quality mirror. Food was good. I liked the retro feel, as did my granddaughter.

1  Thank Rita H
Reviewed July 20, 2016 via mobile

Hotel is located conveniently on Route 9.. the hotel property is well cared for..with nice views ...room was clean
A flashback to the 60s
Reasonable pet fee..
Everyone was friendly and helpful...!! MOST important off all the Wi-Fi is not available in your room only in the lodge!!

Stayed: July 2016, traveled solo