We found this hotel via the internet, and since it was a last minute booking, it was one of the last places available to stay for Labor Day weekend. It was fine, but here is what I would have liked to have known before booking.
1) The place must have been built in the late 50's/early 60's and basically has not been updated since. It is about 2 miles from the Village of Lake George, so you still have to drive into town if you want to be near all the activities. I mention this because parking can be difficult in the little town - the municipal meters run 7 days a week including holidays and there aren't many parking lots.
2) The property has a few different buildings to stay in, almost like college campus dorms. The room we booked ended up getting a leak that dripped onto the back of the air conditioner and made an incredibly loud plinking sound which couldn't be stopped, so we had to switch rooms. We were also on the first floor and the people above us were incredibly loud, which had more to do with the construction of the building then the people. The staff was very nice and helpful with this.
3) The second room we stayed in was a smoker's room, and so it smelled really bad. It also did not have a land line phone or refrigerator, which was fine but a little odd. Luckily, there were no more leaks and the room was quiet. The place doesn't use fitted sheets on the beds, so just know the sheets will ride up during the night to expose an open mattress.
4) There are a number of activities to do on the property - 3 swimming pools (2 outside, 1 inside), shuffleboard, tennis, and archery (mostly for kids). They should update their equipment, as the tennis balls were falling apart and the bow/arrows looked like they were about to fall apart, but I guess everything is still usable.
5) Our stay was fine, but like I mentioned earlier, the place needs major renovations in order to bring it up to modern hotel standards. It was fine for a last minute budget trip, but I thought other people might want to know more about the place before booking.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Roaring Brook Ranch & Tennis Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Roaring Brook Ranch And Tennis Resort
- Roaring Brook Ranch & Tennis Hotel Lake George
- Roaring Brook Hotel Tennis
- Roaring Brook Resort Tennis