“Absolutely the worse stay ever!!!”

Roaring Brook Ranch & Tennis Resort
Ranked #74 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Pittsfield, Massachusetts, United States
“Absolutely the worse stay ever!!!”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

The room stunk to the high heavens, my poor son was gagging all night. There was no outside lighting until 9:00. There was no air conditioning in the room. The best part was when we got up in the morning and there was no HOT water to take a shower and nothing was done. I would not recomend this HELL hole to anyone. The pictures are so untrue. The indoor pool was nasty rust every where. DO NOT FALL for it.

Room Tip: DON'T stay here!!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Missy M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We've just returned from a 2 night stay at this place. Rooms are dingy, dirty, cob webs, have bugs flying around. Please bring bug spray if you will stay there after reading this. I was getting ready to make my sons bed and noticed little black poop things on mattress (yes, sheets small so they don't cover mattress when you sleep). I went to main office and the lady seemed surprised when i told her about mattress and told her to go and have a look while we had breakfast. She never did go but someone did promise to go and clean up. They never did. Basically we go bit all over and now am home and still itching and hope and pray we didn't bring anything back from there with us. I made sure to keep used clothes in a separate bag so no contaminatin there that's certain.

Some people seemed to enjoy playing tennis and table tennis. Pool was nice and blue but kids play area dirty and seemed really unsturdy. This place is a dump. i was in Abilene...i didn't know they had actual "suites" you could upgrade to. Lake George itself was nice enough...beach and bunch of restaurants. If you must go, book early and get a hotel that is right in the center of town...get as close to lake as you can, and stay away from Roaring Brook.

Oh and another thing, this place is very very very outdated. If you must go, then be prepared.

Room Tip: Don't stay at this place. Pay extra and get hotel near the lake or just go some place else.
1 Thank Glen D

Travelers are raving about these Lake George hotels

Terryville, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Our stay at the resort was very unpleasant. The room had a terrible odor and the rug just seemed damp. Our children were coughing all night. The little air fresheners they have throughout the room could not mask the stench that overwhelmed the room. We were upgraded to a suite and honestly that was not much better. I would not recommend this resort to anyone with allergies. I would not recommend this resort to anyone!! The past reviews about the lights not working is very true. Sometimes they worked, sometimes they did not!!! We used the TV as lighting.

Grapevine, Texas
Reviewed August 13, 2012

My family has been coming to Roaring Brook Ranch for years, We love the staff starting with Ginny that usually handles our reservations to the wonderful houskeepers, servers and friendly bar tenders and the president George and his lovely wife and children who all make you feel special. Our children have always loved coming here and continue to as adults now. The horse trails are the best as are the wranglers (we love that Curtis) and beautiful friendly horses. We come here from Texas and is always worth the trip not to mention how close it is to downtown and the beautiful Lake George. What i like most is how quiet the grounds are due to its set back from the noisy roads but convenient to the sites.

• Stayed July 2012
Swanton, Vermont, United States
Reviewed August 8, 2012

We ask for a first floor room when making the reservation. Didn't get it. Was given the wrong keys which were switched before I got to my car to go find my second floor room. One of the guests in our party of four has back, leg and knee problems. Steps aggravated these problems. We find the room in very dim lighting. It is around midnight. The room was not clean. We killed two spiders. Found grass and a dead fly in between the sheets of the one bed. The carpet had not been vacuumed. The toilet was also dirty. I wondered if the previous guests check out early or the housekeeping staff got interrupted and forgot to finish this room. We were tired and already knew this was the last available room at least at the special rate of $139.00 with fees and taxes to total $185.90 for 4 family members!!!! When I told the front desk that my room was not clean on arrival the response was " I just work here there is nothing I can do about it." I stayed the following two nights at a Motel 6. It was clean and the staff was helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
2 Thank Barbara Z
New Jersey
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I just returned from a week-end at Roaring Brook. The grounds are beautifully kept up and the rooms, although very dated and rather Spartan, were clean and the AC worked well. The main lodge is huge with a very comfortable lounge that included a surprising large collection of deer, elk and moose heads on the wall. I'm afraid we didn't take advantage of the activities, except for the outdoor swimming pool, because it was too hot, but a lot were offered including horse (trail) riding, tennis, archery, pool tables, fitness center, and spa treatments. We also did not eat any meals in-house, but the free morning coffee was surprisingly good.
There is free wi-fi in the main lodge, but not elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank IMLY
Middletown, New York
Reviewed August 6, 2012

these facilities have a lot of potential, but the site is neglected ... the old rooms ... the cold water runs through quickly to hot and cold hot changes alone ... the beds are too small for my husband who is six feet was impossible because his feet were hanging off the bed .... in my opinion this hotel lacks affection and conditioning urgent. One thing is certain is close to everything.

Room Tip: Not at all... need to changes beds sizes.