This was a bizarre place to stay. I did read the other reviews before booking and found that most of them were true. My boyfriend and I stayed here for a weekend and basically we used it as a place to sleep at night. The rooms are decent sized, but the beds (and tv) are tiny (the room we stayed in had two double beds). The water was either scalding or freezing and the AC wheezed through the night. The room we had was carpeted and I could tell there had been an animal in there because my normally non-existent asthma started acting up. Also downstairs we heard and saw a dog in one the rooms. When we entered the room, several of our lights did not work. There was something pink smeared across one wall that reminded me of the movie "The Shining". When people compare the resort to that movie, they are right. The place seemed abandoned. We didn't bother to investigate the property, though we did see those nasty grey geese. Nor did we have any meals at the resort because I found the prices too expensive for such a limited choice of foods. My boyfriend was amused by their filing system in the lodge, consisting of only cards with our names on them. Also there was no WiFi that made our trip a bit more stressful when we wanted to find out more stuff in the area.
Overall it was a strange place to stay and wouldn't be booking that place again.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Roaring Brook Ranch & Tennis Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Roaring Brook Ranch & Tennis Hotel Lake George
- Roaring Brook Ranch And Tennis Resort
- Roaring Brook Hotel Tennis
- Roaring Brook Resort Tennis