“A Charming Mountain Get-Away” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Prospect Aire Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lake George
Prospect Aire Motel
Ranked #54 of 87 Hotels in Lake George
Long Island, NY
“A Charming Mountain Get-Away”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2005

Our family (2 adults, 2 teens) had the pleasure of staying at the Prospect Aire Motel over Labor Day weekend 2005. Having stayed in & around Lake George many, many times over the last 40+ years, I was surprised to have been unaware of such a cute little place, meticulously maintained, & complete with hanging baskets of fresh flowers. Usually staying on the main drag in the heart of the village (in the midst of the action, but sky-high prices, noise and congestion like you wouldn't believe, as well), I took a chance, based solely on the TripAdvisor's reviews. It was a nice change to stay off the beaten path on one of the side streets, away from the hustle & bustle, but within walking distance to all- a PLUS, as parking, if you're lucky enough to find it at all, comes at a very high premium. This is an older motel (as most in Lake George are), but very well-kept and affordable. ALL units are NON-smoking. We stayed in the cottage (adorable!)- spic 'n span, clean as a whisltle, neat as a pin- what more can I say? Accomodations include a living room area with a daybed (w/2 VERY comfortable twin mattresses, according to my daughter), TV, A/C/heat, & 2 small collapsible chairs. The kitchen area (NOT kitchenette), has a full refrigerator, stove w/oven, microwave, full sink, cabinets w/a few pots&pans, some dishes, utensils, silverware, etc.; a table w/3 chairs. A small, separate bedroom w/a double bed, dresser, nightstand, closet and ...QUIET; NO traffic, NO loud "partiers", NO noise (try getting that down on the strip!). A very small bathroom w/stall shower & plenty of fresh towels... perfect for a small family! A FREE continental breakfast (English muffins, donuts, bagels, Pop Tarts, toaster waffles or pancakes, OJ, coffee) served outside daily in the backyard, on the patio. If you needed ANYTHING, you had but to ask! Carol & her husband Joe couldn't possibly have been anymore accomodating, offering advice on local eateries & attractions (they sell deeply discounted tickets to the Great Escape), being generally helpful, & always taking the time to make you feel welcome ... I felt like we had just made 2 new friends! Looking forward to staying there again soon!

17 Thank loolai

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2005

I haven't been to Lake George in a number of years. We decided to return because I had read so many positive reviews about this motel. Upon arrival, Carol was there to greet us. She allowed us to unload our bags PRIOR to checking in (I've never been to a place that didn't want your signature on the dotted line first.) The room was what I expected, clean and simple, which is typical for Lake George. The location was great because you were within walking distance to the lake, beach and shops, yet far enough to enjoy the tranquility of the mountains. Breakfast was fine and plentiful, some of the items may have been frozen, but at least they were FRESH! No leftovers from the day before! Carol was always there to make sure you had everything you needed. Her coffee was great, which I told her, so she made sure a fresh pot was brewing for me each morning. Carol is really what makes Prospect Aire shine. She truly cares how you feel and will do whatever she can to make you happy. The only negative point I can make is the no housekeeping issue, when reserving a room this should be mentioned up front, not once you arrive. Making my own bed was not really a big deal, but it would have been nice to have the bathroom floor swept at least once during my stay - if I knew, I would have brought my own broom! That said, we always had plenty of fresh towels and soap in our room. If I were to return to Lake George it would be for two reasons: Carol and the lake!

• Stayed September 2005
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2005

The Prospect Aire Motel was truly a vacation! I must have been crazy but, I arrived with my 16 yr.old daughter and two of her friends. The hotel was equipped with adjoining rooms and a full kitchen! Carol and her family were more than gracious hosts and were available any time a guest had or a question or needed just about anything! Carol offers a continental breakfast each morning on the patio which was just not coffee and donuts!
The rooms were spotless, well kept and very spacious! If your looking for a motel to vacation at, The Prospect Aire is within walking distance to the village yet promotes a little less "craziness" than the main drag! We had a great time!

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2005

Spacious room (ours had a kitchen) was neat, clean and comfortable, walked to beach and shopping, breakfast with the innkeepers was very enjoyable - Carol, Joe and their kids were gracious hosts. We are looking forward to returning next year.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2005

I looked in Trip Advisor for hotel , motels in Lake George.
Prospect Aire Motel came up #1 out of 34 Hotels in Lake George.
How, I will never know!
So, we stayed there from August 23rd until August 27th.
What a disappointment!
There is great room for improvement...
Things we were not told prior to arrival which would have
resulted in us not staying there....
1. No maid service, so you make your own bed! Unheard of!!!
2. Sheets are not changed except once a week!
3. They do not supply facial tissues at all....
4. Towels are only given out as needed!
5. The "great" breakfast cited by the other guests in the reviews was not
great at all.....doughnuts from a supermarket, packaged, frozen waffles..
6. When I told Carol that is was cold the night before and asked about heat
for the room, she said "the heat is not turned on in the summer".
How nice it would have been if she had offered an extra blanket.
7. I wish someone had mentioned all of the above before we went there!
Jerry Glickstein

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
20 Thank Glick
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2005

It took two years of planning for this vacation -result the best ever vacation -The hosts are the best We have ever encountered. This is what I expected in lake george -and then some-. My wife had never been out of the state of Texas and I wanted to make a special occasion for her.Carol and Joe totally succeeded in doing so. There is alot to do in lake george so much so that after a two week vacation we didnt want to leave We consider Carol and Joe great friends not just hosts.The genuiness of their help will never be forgotten. If any problems should arise as in life they often do a chain hotel will only see you as a #. Treat Carol and Joe respectfully because they are there to assist in your enjoying your stay. We met great people at the morning continental breakfast and miss them all very much. if you have any questions dont hesitate to ask them. our thoughts are that the prospect aire is lake george at it's best!

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2005

I stayed here with my 7-yr old son in August. He hasnt been able to stop talking about going back since. We took a bus out to Lake George.The hotel is located within walking distance of the main attractions in Lake George- beach, arcades, minature golf, Pizza Cruise, etc. There is a hiking trail located within blocks of the hotel. I was glad I didnt rent a car b/c there is a trolley nearby that takes you to the nearby towns where you can go to the amusement park, waverunners, tubing etc. Definately a family friendly hotel. This was our 1st trip to Lake George and Carol was very hospitable and friendly. She gave us directions to the amusement park, etc. She even gave my son stuff to keep him occupied on our bus trip back home. The rooms are comfortable and clean. I would definately stay here again and recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to be as close to all the action as possible yet be away from all the noise.

• Stayed August 2004