“Must do every year”

Lake George Steamboat Co.
Book In Advance
Lac du Saint Sacrement Islands Cruise
Ranked #1 of 28 Tours in Lake George
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: A fun activity for the whole family, this popular cruise company offers steamboat tours of historic and scenic Lake George on three ships: The Minne-Ha-Ha, The Mohican and The Lac du Saint Sacrement. Choose from 1 hour trips, 2.5 hour trips to a 6 hour full lake cruise. Sightsee only or enjoy a meal with the family. We have choices to fit everyone's needs.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

I go to Lake George yearly and we make a point of riding the boats, usually multiple times. We do the Minne every time, sometimes more than once. It's a nice way to enjoy the water and relax with a drink and without having to give a lot of time to. The first year we went, we did the dinner cruise on the Sacrament. It was a very nice set up but the food wasn't the best (but it is served in mass quantities buffet style so you cannot expect 5 star cuisine) and the cruise being 2 and a half hours was a bit too long for me. The next year we did the pasta cruise on the Mohican which was a little shorter and more a lunch than dinner and the food seemed a little better than the year previous. Overall it's a great experience for all ages. We have many times found ourselves saying "I don't know what to do, let's hop on the Minne and figure it out." Although since the boats are great for all ages, unruly children are a common occurence which has made for an unpleasant ride a few times.

There are newer reviews for Lake George Steamboat Co.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Lovely time on the Minnie hah hah . The calliope was a nice touch and the tour guide was very entertaining

1  Thank redappel
Reviewed October 15, 2013

The Cruise was very nice, the Captain kept up a nice commentary and the view is great. For the money, it is worth it. I did have an issue with the mandatory photo taken before boarding, however. I would rather take my own photos, and I asked to just skip this forced photo op in full view of the entire dock, only to be told by some kid, that "It is part of boarding procedure". I doubt that, and I don't like being herded into something I don't want, and I am not going to buy. I would suggest that this step be skipped for those who don't want it and it would certainly speed up the boarding process, since the entire line had to wait for each group to pose for a picture!!

1  Thank jackduck
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We chose the 1 hour tour on the Minnie Ha Ha. Boarding was easy. Narrated tour very informative. Don't know if it's always like this but they only had 1 person working the bar so if you wanted something to drink you would probably miss most of the tour waiting on line. They take a picture as you board, thought that was a little pricey.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

A trip that is always a joy on a hot summer day, is even better when you are surrounded by a coastline of brilliant colors. There really is no better way to enjoy the scenery than from out on the lake. Meals are always plentiful and tasty; but the joy of a smooth cruise in this mountain waterway cannot be beat. Don't miss it.