“A wonderful time at Depe Dene”
Review of Depe Dene Resort

Depe Dene Resort
Ranked #60 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Rocky Point
“A wonderful time at Depe Dene”
Reviewed July 20, 2004

This will be our 8th year at Depe Dene. We originally stared out coming with one other family. We are now up to 8 families because each year everyone comes back again and again, while bringing additional families. The place is terrific, staff is pleasant and friendly and very helpful. Cabins are clean and air conditioned and the beach is one of the nicer ones on the lake. There is a large area for the kids to play soccer and baseball with 3 different play grounds (swings, slides,junglegym). It is very close to Six Flags Great Escape, miniature golf, rodeo, horseback riding and waterpark and about 5 golf courses. We will continue to keep coming back

4 Thank crash100

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Bethpage, NY
Reviewed July 20, 2004

When I took my daughter to one of the playgrounds every swing was old, rusty and broken, broken glass all around, not a fun or safe place for children. Beach is dirty, the garbage bins constantly full and buzzing with flies. the service is non-existant except for the nice guys renting the wave-runners, which is a seperately owned business, and the Lone Bull folks, also seperate.

Don't stay here unless you enjoy getting ripped off.

2 Thank Doug P

Travelers are raving about these Lake George hotels

Reviewed July 12, 2004

After staying at Depe Dene for the past two years, I am horrified on how greedy this establishment can be. In December we scheduled our vacation and sent them a down payment for the trip we planned on taking the end of June. In early June, I was told by my doctor that I would have to have emergency spinal fusion to prevent paralysis of my limbs. We called Depe Dene and explained the situation but they refused to give us our money back or allow us to apply it to another week or year. This is simply bad business and we will never retu

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 12, 2004

I've been going to depe dene forever...wiffleball, late night drinkin, music, the last week of july, la lake, LG, always with tons of family, people we've grown up with and see a little more than once a year...it is the annual festival, 12 days away! town, silvermine, the lone bull, guiseppes, outets, stars, jacuz, skinny dippin and vast stars await!!!

see all of you there if you're lucky enough to join us!

BRING THE WHOLE FAMILY AND HOT ~21 CHIX!!! HAHAHAH

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 6, 2004

I would have warned you earlier but I just found TripAdvisor. We reserved a room in the Depe Dene Resort based on how it appeared in it's website in August 2002. I figured for $179. a night (almost twice the going rate in the town of Lake George) I would be assured of a clean room in a respectable resort. I was shocked when we entered the lobby. It smelled terrible. It was in desperate need of a cleaning and it's couches were stain on top of stain. The lobby was in excellent condition when compared to the dark dank little room I was brought to. The room smelled. The linens were ripped and dirty. The stove was a relic from grease fires gone by. The pots/pans weren't fit to feed animals in. I expressed my displeasure. No one on premise could assist. After an hour of waiting and numerous phone calls to the owner/manager while my husband rented a room from the Super 8 up the road (nice, clean and less expensive) the owner/mgr. of the Depe Dene assured me he would provide me with newer wash clothes but could not refund my money. We were charged in full for a room we never sat down in. I wish someone had warned me of the filth of this resort and the shoddy business practice of the owner/mgr. My e-mail is janee@mhonline.net , should you like further info.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 16, 2004

I live in Lake George ny and i see all the motles every year and i know wich are good ones and wich ones are bad and i can tell you right now that this resort is one of the best resorts around Lake George. This resort has all kinds of things to do theres the arcade,volleyball court full of sand,a boat house to sun bath,a beach were you can use pedal boats for free! there is also a place right on the resort were you rent wave runners and go out with a personal guide so that you remain safe. I know the owner of this resort and he goes out of his way to make you fell like ur home. he just spent a ton of money on a new pool. i was there all last summer (2003) and i never saw a mad custamer because the staff goes out of their way just to make you happy. and if you dont fell like going that far to have a good breakfest your in luck right next to it is a place were you can have a cheap but very good breakfest i would know i go there all the time. The room rates might be a little high for ur budget but its well worth it when you wake in the morning and see the butiful sun and the lake its truly a wonderful feeling and it makes you forget about all of your troubles. If you want to there is a boat ride to the villge of lake george so you dont have to deal with the trafic and finding a parking space. in the end this resort is the place to be with your family there is pleanty to do there and you will never get boared.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
#2 of 8 in Bolton Landing
The Lodges at Cresthaven
The Lodges at Cresthaven
#13 of 89 in Lake George

Been to Depe Dene Resort? Share your experiences!