“Great place, my family loved it.”
Review of Depe Dene Resort

Depe Dene Resort
Ranked #60 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
“Great place, my family loved it.”
Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

Hi,
We are a family of 6 from Manhattan, NY.
We went to Depe Dene twice last year.
1st after my wife give birth to our 3rd child in June. She wanted to escape busy city for few days, with new born. Forget about every day life, crazy work hour... crowd... you know what I mean if you are from the big city. It was a long drive and we arrived in the middle of the night. Next morning feeling was like I was in the middle of my dream land. Amazing view of the lake. Temperature and clean air. First stream of the sun dancing on a water... I can't express how beautiful was every single detail around me. STUNNING!!!
Ever since that day we wanted to go back.
2nd time it was in August. We rented a 3 bedroom house right on a lake and our friends family joined us as well.
Pool, was an amazing experience. Loved it.
We don't like gaming machines in general, so we didn't even try it. Why would we?
We had a charcoal grill, gas grill, wood fired grill, raw boat, paddling boat, kayak, canoes. I brought my jetski.
Hotel was providing beach fire every night. My kids first time tried real marshmallows, real charcoal baked potatoes, sweet corn... They absolutely loved my guitar playing by the fire on a beach!!!
3rd time we went at the end of summer season. Same experience. STUNNING!
4th time we went first weekend of February for the winter season on Lake George. Depe Dene was closed but there was someone at the front desk anyway. She was very helpful to find us a place to stay. So we canceled our reservation in Lake George town and followed her advice.
I'd highly recommend.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Albany, New York
Reviewed January 9, 2014

My friends and I stayed at Depe Dene this past 4th of July. We were originally booked at another place, but when we showed up the place was a dump! We drove around looking for another place to stay and doing that the weekend of July 4th was not easy. We found Depe Dene by just driving by and decided to just go in to see if anything would be available. Zandy, the nicest and best manager ever, saw how desperate we were to leave the dump motel. He told us they were booked, but said "let me see what I can do for you girls.". He chatted with someone in the back and was able to get us a cabin to stay in for the weekend, and it was extremely affordable. The cabin was a descent size and very clean. The access to the beach and all the fun beach activities was so much fun and so relaxing. We had planned to go out to dinner in town that weekend, but had so much fun we never left the sight, cooking at our grill at the cabin and chatting with other guests at the resort.

I would HIGHLY recommend Depe Dene to anyone who is interested in a reasonable, fun, clean place to stay while in Lake George. We have already booked our 4th of July 2014 rooms and are now planning on making it an annual get together with our friends.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank KateGen
Metuchen
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We stayed at Depe Dene during this recent labor day weekend and found their facilities to be excellent. We were a group of 4 and rented a cottage in the family area which was quieter than the other areas. There were other options for younger couples and families with kids close to the Lake and some play grounds & a heated pool. Lake George itself has many things to offer for people of all age groups. My parents experienced para-sailing. We also went on a boat ride around the lake learning more about the natural beauty and history of some of the popular real estate in that area. There were plenty of restaurants and the fireworks during the evening were a big crowd puller. I would definitely recommend Depe Dene Resort and Lake George to anyone looking for a short trip close to New York (4-5 hours drive towards Montreal).

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 29, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I love the view of the lake from this place. There are free canoes and paddle boats you can take out on the lake. My only complain is that the price is a little steep for the rooms but the view is amazing!

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BigApples87
Brewster, New York
Reviewed September 7, 2013

This was our second time visiting Depe Dene Resort among the beautiful Adirondack Mountains. There were nine of us so we rented one of the bigger townhouses. Plenty of space with two full bathrooms, which was great. It's knotty pine at it's best. The place was clean and decent. The staff is so nice and really go out of their way to help you. By the time I left after a weeks stay, many of them knew my name and the place was busy that week. When I asked a staff member (Tessa) about the beautiful, old house on the property, she offered a tour of the house for myself and my family. Which we thoroughly enjoyed. There's a beach with access to the lake w/ a dock for the kids to swim out to. We also enjoyed the paddle boats and kayaks offered free of charge. Our family fished off the pier, danced at the luau offered on the beach, and gobbled up smores the night before offered on the beach. On Friday afternoon the staff bought down about 50 pizzas to share with everyone on the beach. When you get tired of the beach you can head up the hill to the heated pool or hot tub. We also played ping, pong, shuffle board, tennis, and basketball. There's lots to do with a great laid back feeling.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank s g
Huntington, New York
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I had left a deposit for a week stay and was told I could get my money back if I canceled 60 days before my stay. Not the case! They first suggested I never canceled within that time frame. I did! Then they said even if i did, I would only get my money if I "specifically" requested a refund. Wow - I cancel but they keep the money. Interesting policy. After many conversations and great resistance they refunded a portion of my deposit. In all my years of going to Lake George I have never run into such nonsense in my life. Not for me!

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
9 Thank R W

Travelers are raving about these Lake George hotels

Yardley, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 21, 2013

My family has been staying at Depe Dene for over 30 years. We have tried other places in Lake George, but, in our opinion, Depe Dene has the best combination of a nice size swimming pool, large sandy beach, and free boat (paddleboats, rowboats) use. The beach is one of the nicest on the Lake. There are lots of docks for boats if you need a boat slip and great fishing right off the docks. There is also a great restaurant (The Lone Bull) that you can walk to for a great breakfast in the morning and a good deli across the street for a sandwich or snack. We eat breakfast at the Lone Bull every day we are at Depe Dene. The pancakes are tremendous! There is also horseback riding across the street with a great view of the lake from the trail. The cabins by the Lake have spectacular views and are great if you will be spending a lot of time at the beach. One of our favorite places at Depe Dene, is the sitting area on top of the boathouse. It's a great place to relax and enjoy the Lake especially in the early morning or evening.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
#2 of 8 in Bolton Landing
The Lodges at Cresthaven
The Lodges at Cresthaven
#13 of 89 in Lake George

Been to Depe Dene Resort? Share your experiences!